Search results

1. C

Anyone do a ventectomy on a 2012 TDI Passat

Only stopping for fuel once every two weeks but would like to extend that if possible. Can a ventectomy be done on the 2012 passat? If so, any instructions / videos available? Thanks!
  2. C

RNS 510 Nav Unit

I think there should be a dedicated forum for this head unit. My 2 week old Passat decided it does not like to recognize the 32 gb SD card inserted. It is formatted Fat32 and worked up until now. Another card, 16 gb, had the same problem. When "SD Card" is selected, it played the HDD. I...
  3. C

Happy Passat owner today

Today was the upgrade from my 2006 TDI Jetta to the 2012 TDI SEL premium Passat. What a difference in technology. I just happened to find one on a dealer lot and snapped it up. I'm super happy to be done with the BRM engine, hopefully this one is kinder on my wallet. First highway drive...
  4. C

2006 BRM TDI Jetta Will Idle but will NOT accelerate

I have a 2006 Jetta BRM. The car has 205k miles on it. Recently, the worn cam did a number on my lifters and I had the head rebuilt. Upon reinstall of the head, the car will start and idle perfectly, shift into gears (DSG) but pushing the accelerator increases the rpms up to about 1000 and thats...
  5. C

Looking to upgrade to 2012 Passat TDI

I am looking to cash in the 2006 Jetta TDI and move into a 2012 Passat TDI. Can anyone help me understand the differences between the NEW TDI and the BRM PD I have now? Has there been improvements to: flywheel? (I replaced mine at 90k) Cam? cam wear is notorious on the BRM, even with great...
  6. C

Need complete BRM cylinder head

Well, the inevitable happened. My cam that looked ok at 185k miles has failed at 205k and caused damage to the #3 lifter which in turn damaged the valve-train and head. Yay VW and that kick-ass cam design. That being said, I am in need of a complete head assy for a 2006 BRM. If anyone has a...
  7. C

Looking for Re-Man or used BRM Cylinder Head

Well, the inevitable happened. My cam that looked ok at 185k miles has failed at 205k and caused damage to the #3 lifter which in turn damaged the valve-train and head. Yay VW and that kick-ass cam design. That being said, I am in need of a complete head assy for a 2006 BRM. If anyone has a...
  8. C

exhaust leak near manifold (?)

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI, 205,000 happy miles. A couple weeks ago it developed an exhaust leak noise, not too noticeable. Today got really loud. Sounds like it is up near the catalytic conv or where the front exhaust pipe attached to the manifold. There's a clamp here and it looks intact. smells...
  9. C

multi function steering wheel inoperable

Please help. I have a 2006 TDI Jetta with a package 2. This morning out of nowhere the multi function steering wheel controls (radio volume, mute, scan, mileage tracking, trip OD, miles to empty, etc) do not work. nothing. No horn either. Fuse 17 underhood (15amp) is fine. Anyone experience a...
  10. C

Airbag Fault?

Hi all, 2006 TDI Jetta. Was leaving a parking garage when out of the blue "Airbag Fault" pops up on the dash. Anyone know of a glitch in the electronics that may have casued this? Fuse is fine, thats all i know. Any help is appreciated.
  11. C

Jetta TDI CALIPERS

Hi all, Simple brake job gets harder. I need to remove the caliper to put on a new rotor. This is a 2006 TDI Jetta. What is the size of the 12 point metric internal bolt on the back of the caliper? And where in the world can I find the tool. Looks like a 14mm to me but I cant find anything...
  12. C

2006 TDI oil **HELP**

I have a 2006 Jetta TDI (Love it!!). I have been been changing the oil every 10,000 miles. I have 35,000 miles on the vehicle now. The oil I use as a Schaeffer 15w40. I have used this in my previous 2 Jettas with great results. I always analyze the oil after changing and this stuff simply does...
  13. C

TOWING with my new Diesel Jetta

Stupid question..... I know the 1.9 Diesel Jetta is rated at 2000 lb towing capacity. I pull 2 jet skis with trailer weighing about 1300 pounds right now. The jetta has no problems with this. I am thinking of buying a jet boat that weighs 2,050 and the trailer weighs another 350. I only tow to...
  14. C

bio-diesel in Detroit Michigan Area

PLEASE!!! If anyone knows of locations between detroit, farmington, or st clair Michigan for bio please share with me. I have a new 06 Jetta that is already disgusted by the taste of straight petrol. thanks!!
  15. C

replacement key fobs

All, I have lost my spare keys. Anyone seen them? kidding. I called the stealership and they quoted $200 for the fob and $65 for the valet key. Each would be $100 to program and they said you cant do it the old school way (sitting in the car with your good key in the ignition, locking the doors...
  16. C

simple solution? (new 2006 radio)

I have a new 2006 Jetta TDI (LOVE IT). One small concern. Does anyone know why the radio refuses to increase the volume at around halfway? It is the Package 2 option radio. Also the radio seems to adjust itself constantly (vol up or down). It seems as if it is trying to protect the speakers at...
  17. C

MAF problems

I know my Bosch MAF is bad (TDI Jetta 2001). Is there anyone online that can point me to someone who sells the Pierberg replacement? I bout one through this site 2 years ago but lost the gentlemans name. Thanks for any help.
  18. C

Airbag light

i recently wired my 2001 diesel Jetta to tow my 2 jet skis. I had to swap out a couple of fuses due to operator error. Now the airbag light is on. Does anyone have a link to the fuse panel schematic or at least label?
  19. C

Airbag light

UBB17-ML-1054766-ML- Not posted in the correct forum section