Search results

1. C

Advice for getting ECU replaced under Dieselgate Warranty?

So, my 2011 A3 recently took a sh*t on me whilst driving about a week ago and I promptly had it towed to my local trusted guru. He spent about a week chasing down the faults/codes stored in the car and eventually diagnosed it as having a bad ECU. He told me that the ECU is covered under the...
  2. C

[suggestions?] Personalizing your ride

What all have you done to pimp out/customize/personalize your A3? For me (A3 8P), I've completed an ECU & DSG tune, and now I'm looking to give it a more... Stealthy/aggressive look to it. I'm thinking of plastidipping the car gun metal gray with black accents (mirrors, hood, hatch) and then...
  3. C

Anybody had tuning done?

I just called my local shop about doing some tuning (chip and gearbox) and was quoted just under $1100 for both (450 each as a combo discount + $168 for an undetectable restore point should warranty work every need to be performed). I know they do incredible work, but that just feels high to...
  4. C

Trusted TDI Mechanics - By State

Is this still being updated (even like, every 6 months or so)?
  5. C

sold sold sold

Still available?
  6. C

ISO/WTB: HEX-CAN VCDS Cable

If you are selling your HEX-CAN VCDS interface cable, I'm interested in buying it from you. Let me know what you have and how much you want for it.
  7. C

FS: Ross-Tech Vag Com KII-USB

**** SOLD**** price reduced
  8. C

Buyer backed out, still available.
  9. C

Email/pm response sent with paypal info
  10. C

Genuine Ross-Tech Vag Com VCDS cable for sale. Sold! Sold my TDI after crashing it, so I have no use for the diag cable anymore :-/ PM if interested. Will ship to Cont US for free.
  11. C

[200 & 300K Club] - Repairs - Upgrades & Other Tips

Regular maintenance in terms of liquids and filters, turbo rejuvenation, suspension replacement/upgrades (if not already done recently), chip tune, fuel filter upgrades (such as the CAT mod), EGR delete or at least cleaned along with the intake manifold, replace worn e-brake cables...
  12. C

mk4 - Trouble Getting Passenger Side (front) Strut Out

I was able to finally get it out after disconnecting the tie rod and ball joint. I had to do some really awkward positioning to get the strut to come out of the wheel well where I was able to muscle it around by hand until it popped out of the knuckle. The project was a ***** to get done, and...
  13. C

damaged rotor?

A little earlier I was trying to free up an old strut and was unable to get it out with a deadfall, so I somewhat foolishly resorted to trying to use my floor jack to force it out and am worried I may now have caused some damage to my hub/rotor. It's able to wiggle around a bit and I didn't do...
  14. C

mk4 - Trouble Getting Passenger Side (front) Strut Out

Hey all, I've been working on a suspension upgrade by replacing the struts all the way around the car along with various bushings, etc, and am having a hell of a time getting the passenger side front strut out of my Golf TDI (2001 mk4 body style). After banging on it for what felt like forever...
  15. C

Brights/Nights Switched? Headlight question

Hey all, I have a strange question for you. I bought a pair of Spec-D Tuning headlights (Part: LHP-GLF99JM-8-TM) and I'm pretty sure that my normal driving lights and the brights were somehow wired wrong. Looking at the picture, the inner bulbs are adjustable for up/down and left/right, and...
  16. C

WTB 11mm injection pump

Got what I needed, thanks guys! Sent by means of the electric internet
  17. C

FS: ALH 11mm Injection Pump, Indiana

Buyer endorsement for newlite, he's a quality guy you can feel comfortable dealing with. He's made things very easy for me in the recently past. Buy with confidence! Sent by means of the electric internet
  18. C

11mm alh injector pump

Didn't get a notification of your pm, if your sale falls through for any reason left me know and I'll take it off your hands. Sent by means of the electric internet
  19. C

WTB 11mm injection pump

In search of an 11mm injection pump to be installed on an alh engine. Ideally looking to pay around $300 but will entertain competitive offers for parts in good working order. Post and/or pm. Sent by means of the electric internet
  20. C

Lots of good parts! Turbos, 5spd tranny and injection pump

10mm or 11mm injection pump? Sent by means of the electric internet