Search results

1. O

Almost time to replace tires on NB -Suggestions?

Replaced around 42-44K the original Goodyears on my 00 NB with Bridgestone Potenza RE950s. I've got about 42K on them now and they've still got tons of tread left. Wet traction is great and snows not to bad. Not a lot of rotational noise but then with the radio or sun roof open don't pay too...
  2. O

Chicago Auto Show Feb. 19

While we were there on Sunday they had a TDI Jetta Wagon in Silver. There was quite a large crowd hanging about the Beetle Converts. The parking and layout at McCormick place is really great to get in and out. I like to go on 22nd street east to get to parking versus the I-55 to MLK drive...
  3. O

Chicago Auto Show Feb. 19

Sundays when the place opens in the morning. Always found it easy to park and the crowd is very reasonable. Must be either they're all coming straight from church or hung over from all nighters!
  4. O

1st tank = 47mpg - 2nd tank= 49mpg whats next ?

South Georgia and you're a 'Snow_Man' I must be missing something? The MPG should continue to improve.
  5. O

Optimum mph/rpm for highway fuel economy

65MPH and 2100 RPMs or close to it keeps me around or above 50MPG. Yep, the right lane is the only place to hide going that slow!
  6. O

Chicago Christmas lights and dinner Dec 14

So many things with so few weekends before Christmas! Hope to make it next time and meet a few more TDI people. Have a great time and Happy Holidays to all.
  7. O

Centeral IL TB GTG Pics!!!!

Would like to thank Brian and Mrs. BK for hosting it was a great day and your house is wonderful only wish my Mrs. could have seen it. Would like to suggest to all that Tony should get the 'Hard Luck' award for the event for losing his grille and windshield to a truck tire on the way there! He...
  8. O

Upsolute in Chicagoland?

I would suggest you contact; PETE BARANKO <Drivbiwire@worldnet.att.net>
  9. O

Which cruising speed yields best mileage?

Never driven it in the warm weather I've always done that trip at Christmas but suggest you don't exceed 70MPH very often. Averaged over 50 MPG on my yearly trip from Chicago area to Corpus Christi going through Houston in the winter. Started going I-10 east from Houston to Baton Rouge-Hammond...
  10. O

damaged rim question

I'll check it out and thanks for the information.
  11. O

damaged rim question

Yesterday I noticed that the driver's front rim has a very slight flat area. Don't have any idea when over the past week or month I whacked something to do this but I have a question. Since I haven't noticed at highway speeds 65-80 mph any vibrations through the steering wheel are there any...
  12. O

Tire information

Does anyone have any experience with Bridgestone Potenza RE950 tires on a New Beetle or any type of vehicle? I have 55K on the Goodyear RS-A originals and looking to change soon. The information on the RE950 indicates that it is a good all season tire and should last as long as the Goodyears...
  13. O

FYI: The Premium Diesel List is Moving!

Possibly to add to your list; The Amoco station at Calumet Avenue exit north off of Interstate 80/94 in Hammond, Indiana has two pumps that have 'Premier #2 Diesel' indicated on them. Other Amoco stations that I have stopped at don't have that notice on the pumps. The station is on the SW...
  14. O

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE GRAPHIC DESIGN!

tongsli #6 is rather interesting.
  15. O

Chicagoland GTG survey: who would be interested?

Also agree with Option #2 Please continue to post information as available. Crete is south on I-394?
  16. O

NB TDI directory of proud owners, where you're from etc,,

Re: NB TDI directory of proud owners, where you\'re from etc,, 00 NB TDI Yellow delivered new 10/99. Completely stock with options that include sun roof, cloth winter package, with the CD changer. 33K miles presently with an average of greater than 50 mpg overall.
  17. O

horn location

Karl, Thanks for the information. Hope that you and your Beetle have a great 2001. In addition that none of the TDIs' experience the thrills that we all did last winter. one iron
  18. O

horn location

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by one iron: One of the two horns on my 00 NB TDI has decided not to sound off anymore. Searching the site didn't find anything on the location of the horn/s. I also did some looking about under the hood. I...
  19. O

horn location

One of the two horns on my 00 NB TDI has decided not to sound off anymore. Searching the site didn't find anything on the location of the horn/s. I also did some looking about under the hood. I don't have the shop manual CD yet so I would like to ask one of the readers where are the horns...
  20. O

Horn Stopped Working

Karl, Sorry not to have gotten back to you on the question of power windows and yes I do have them.