Search results

1. MK05HJ09

VW engine Toast!

I'm willing to bet the initially quoted lead time on the part was worst case scenario. This is a common practice among dealerships dealing with internationally sourced parts, as shipping/supplier delays make you look bad once you've quoted a turnaround time. It's always better to impress a...
  2. MK05HJ09

6M hard shifting

Yeah, I'd take it to the dealer and give them a good conditional description. Noting temperatures, times of day, any additional details can make all the difference between a "could not duplicate" or "no problem found" and a fixed car with a happy owner. Best of luck.
  3. MK05HJ09

6M hard shifting

I would notice similar symptoms at times in my '13, it seemed to coincide with colder temperatures or being parked on an incline. It would not like going into reverse, it required a lot of extra effort to get it into gear. However, temperatures above freezing and/or parking on an even grade...
  4. MK05HJ09

Rustling noise from vents whenever defrost is on?

Well, I'm hoping it's something stupid and simple as to avoid an early visit to the dealership. I'm pretty picky on squeaks/rattles and the like, so unless it works itself out in the next couple of days, I'm taking matters into my own hands. My last Passat had it's fair share of noises that I...
  5. MK05HJ09

Rustling noise from vents whenever defrost is on?

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, I traded off my '13 SE last week and never had any noises from the HVAC system so I thought I'd ask. While driving to Chicago for work in my '15 SEL on Monday (maiden voyage no less) I couldn't help but notice whenever the defrost is...
  6. MK05HJ09

CarNet - Your Thoughts?

Just bought my '15 SEL last week, set up my free 6mo trial of CarNet on Monday, so far I'm not impressed. I was presented with a price of $17.99 per mo or $199 per 1 year, and an additional rate for 3 years which escapes me at the moment.
  7. MK05HJ09

Black Grille on Passat NMS

I like that. I've been on the fence about plasti-dipping the chrome on my grille.
  8. MK05HJ09

B-Pillar Creaks?

I'm not hearing my noise from the windshield area.
  9. MK05HJ09

B-Pillar Creaks?

Has anyone else experienced a creaking noise from either the driver or passenger side B-pillar area(s)? I notice a creaking sound whenever the body flexes over a slight elevation change, like pulling into a driveway on a slight incline. I initially thought it was something like a loose striker...
  10. MK05HJ09

2013 Passat

Congrats on the new ride from a fellow Hoosier! I've put about 2200 miles on my '13 TDI SE since I bought it back in February, great car!
  11. MK05HJ09

voltage increase

I've considered upping the voltage to my lamps as well, coming from a car with Xenons and fog lights, some mornings I wish I had better light output.
  12. MK05HJ09

Lost key

Don't forget any applicable programming costs in the shop so that the immobilizer will allow you to start the car, shops can charge .5-1.0 hours for key programming.