Search results

1. B

Brake Booster Issue?

I've replaced the booster on my car twice. First time, wife was driving and the brake pedal was hard as a rock. Replaced it and it lasted a couple of years to happen again to me. Turned out, there was oil getting into the vacuum line and turned out to be from the tandem pump. After it failed...
  2. B

Odd request - brake pedal height

Thanks for the reminder of adjusting the threading in. That's how it ended up too high. Apparently I had the incorrect booster (or MC) and when driving, there was constant brake pedal push causing them to overheat and lock the brakes on. I'd have to park the car (usually for a number of hours)...
  3. B

new to me 2005 passat wagon on a tow dolly . WELL THAT DIDN'T LAST LONG

I had a transmission issue a number of years ago to where the dealership replaced the transmission. I drove it home and the issue re-appeared within a couple hundred miles of driving it. Returned, diagnosed and another transmission put in. Drove home and within a couple hundred miles returned...
  4. B

Odd request - brake pedal height

I have an odd request of my fellow B5 Passat TDI mates... I've replaced too much of my brake system and am at the point where not having driven the vehicle in a couple of years and now sitting in the driver's seat again. I feel that my brake pedal height is excessively high... I've replaced the...
  5. B

What is this? See photo - no codes but mpg seems to be down

Thanks for the info on the warranty - I'll advise the results... Sorry for not including the 2015 Passat TDI detail - used to viewing the B5 Passat so there's only 04/05 to distinguish... Need to update my profile as well.
  6. B

What is this? See photo - no codes but mpg seems to be down

I noticed this when checking the oil - my son had the car for a while and just adds fuel... What is this? What part to replace? What's the cause? It seems like the white crud the Blue Def produces when it dries out...
  7. TDI1.jpg

TDI1.jpg

2015 Passat TDI (1)
  8. TDI2.jpg

TDI2.jpg

2015 Passat TDI (2)
  9. 2015 Passat TDI

2015 Passat TDI

10. B

Instrument cluster

Did you have this done? Did you use this company? I may go through the expense of having mine done. Car sat for a year and half pending head gasket job - only to learn it was a pinched water pump gasket. Just reassembling now and have a ton of new parts on it... Figured whats a couple hundred...
  11. B

Head gasket 2.0 PD

I'd question more if they had the head re-surfaced or simply replaced the head gasket. If the head is warped, it doesn't matter what gasket they used or the head bolts... Take wvztips advise on the cooler portion though but I disagree with the statement that it being rare - not trying to argue...
  12. B

BHW Head

PM being sent
  13. B

Ross Tech VCDS Micro can for sale

I'll take it - can I paypal you? Shipping to PA included? USPS Priority is about $6.95 Bob
  14. B

2005 Passat TDI Part out

Driver side fender and front bumper available? can you get photo? Shipping cost to 19518 if possible
  15. B

new transmission

I went through a very similar issue when I had my transmission replaced. It was replaced maybe 4 times and each time I got it back it would be okay for a while - couple 30 - 300 miles before it would throw the codes again. They had VW rep come out and confirm all diagnostics and installation...
  16. B

B5.5 ABS purge - not able to access

May have solved my own issue... tried output test and that activated the pump. Just hope that was what I was looking for. Bob
  17. B

B5.5 ABS purge - not able to access

Full scan posted below. I changed the brake booster and went to bleed the brakes and activate the ABS purge via the method thought to be correct... ABS - basic settings - 001 go and I get the error that there is nothing accessible. I can access the ABS and read there are no codes. VCDS being...
  18. B

new DieselGeek fuel pump kit + Metalnerd ▲ socket

If these are still available, I may be interested - PM sent.
  19. B

MK4 Driver Side Door for sale - Leather door car, switches

Sorry - thought you were using the door... Just the door card (+any related switches attached). Thanks, Bob