Search results

1. Jake Brake

240mm clutch information

What car does the 240mm dmf and clutch come from? Is it available in the US? The spacer is from same car? I need a euro starter? Not having very good luck with my 228mm Valeo smf with stage 2 lining from South Bend. I got maybe 35k to 40k miles. It's slipping again.
  2. Jake Brake

Big stumble

Every now and then I get a big stumble off idle like I blew a intercooler hose type of stumble. I let off on the throttle and hit it again and it's ok. No codes. Any ideas? I am going to inspect all my intercooler hoses. May hook up my smoker before I do that. Just got out of the hospital and...
  3. Jake Brake

Locked out of my car

My car key broke a while back so all I have is a valet key. My fob worked yesterday but not today. I think my car battery is dead too. I have changed the key fob battery. What are my options?
  4. Jake Brake

Plastic rocker covers

I either need to replace them or I was wondering if any of the aftermarket covers are any good and will work without the plastic covers. I am going to paint my car soon. I am referring to the big long outer rockers covers with the jack flip out pieces
  5. Jake Brake

Broken off bolt

I was replacing my serpentine belt and tensioner and started loosening the pivot bolt and it snapped off a quarter inch below the surface. I'm going to take the front end off so I can get at it better. I tried spinning it out with the rest of the bolt and no luck. Just no room to get at it.
  6. Jake Brake

Burning oil with diesel

How much used oil can I safely burn in my fuel in a pd engine?
  7. Jake Brake

Seat upholstery

anybody know a source for seat upholstery for front seats. I don't want slip on covers. Looking at my options. Any body install a different seat? My drivers seat is getting pretty bad.
  8. Jake Brake

Boost hoses

anyone ever run a Gates boost hose? I ordered one and have it on now. I tried a silicone one from Wolfsburg and got a few years out of it. I am referring to the hose off the turbo. I am also replacing the long one off the intercooler. I ordered a stock replacement for it as it wasn't that...
  9. Jake Brake

Brake fluid reservoir leak

I bought a new resevoir and it leaks where the sensor goes in. I found it on ebay. It looks excatly like the other one. Anyone else ran into this. I had to put the old one back on. It is crumbling apart but doesn't leak at the sensor. 2005 passat tdi
  10. Jake Brake

ABS kicks in at almost a stop

Recently I replaced my upper control arms. At the time I faled to notice the left front abs sensor had moved out of position. It lit up the abs and traction control and had a code. Read my code and it said left front sensor. I pushed the sensor back into place and cleared the code and it stayed...
  11. Jake Brake

Stuck pinch bolt upper control arms

Got a tip for getting stuck pinch bolts out if you have an impact gun. Break the head off with a wrench or die grind off, then use washers behind the nut and buzz it loose with impact gun. Both sides were seized up real good even after soakung in pb blaster. Worked like a charm.
  12. Jake Brake

Latest boost leak

I switched back to the stock intercooler and have been chasing a few leaks. I found all of them but one, but found it today after pressurizing the system. I have a split in my plastic pipe the map sensor fits in. It only leaks after it pressurizes pretty good. It's split close to the hose by...
  13. Jake Brake

Urethane front suspension bushings

Got the upper control arm bushings worn out and I am considering urethane bushing for just them or a lower set too. My lower bushings are ok, but have some age on them. Anybody tried them? How does it drive afterwards? Thoughts on doing it? Thinking they will be way more durable.
  14. Jake Brake

Hard to find exhaust leak

I am pretty certain i have an exhaust leak because no puff of black smoke. I have a pretty loud hiss when building boost. What i have done 1: bypassed egr cooler 2: replaced flexible exhaust piece by cat. 3: cleaned and looked all over for soot tracks It only leaks under moderate to high boost...
  15. Jake Brake

source for Brake fluid resevouir

I have been looking online for a reasonable price on a brake fluid resevouir. Only place I have seen one is E-bay and it was $125. Saw another for 150 and one more even higher, seems really high for a plastic tank. Most places don't carry it. Anybody know where I might check? Is $125 a good...
  16. Jake Brake

Boost leak no black smoke

Have a b5.5 passat with front mount intercooler and stage 2 tune. I have a persistant leak that only leaks under a heavy load. I pulled the bumper cover today and went over every joint. I have aluminum pipes with raised bead to help clamp everything down. I have T clamps Did a temperary block...
  17. Jake Brake

bad exhaust flex joint

I have a bad flex joint in the exhaust right at the turbo. Any inexpensive ways to fix it properly? I know the catalytic converter is very close by and I don't really want to delete the cat. My cat is good, just a very tight space to make any kind of replacement of the flex pipe.
  18. Jake Brake

tandem pump bolt hole stripped out

Finally went to change out my tandem pump. It was going well until I pulled the top 6mm bolt out with shavings.:mad: I walked away from it for a day and decided to try to tap it out in place. I did not want to pull the head for something like this unless I had to.:( You have 5 inches clearance...
  19. Jake Brake

Boost drops off, no codes

I have a Malone stage 2 tune, manual trans Passat with a front mount intercooler. I have a problem that keeps acting up. sometimes it runs ok. Does not go into limp mode. Car has great throttle response and boost down low, then drops off next to nothing and kicks back in after 2500 to 3000rpm...
  20. Jake Brake

New Lock module, still have issues

I replaced the driver side front door lock module. It locks with the remote and will unlock the hatch, but will not unlock any doors with the remote. it works fine with the key. I used a VW part to replace it. Do I need to reprogram it with a vcds to make it work properly?