Search results

1. E

Recall for ceramic glow plugs

afaik at this point everything is back together awaiting final adjustment of the timing (they did opt to inspect the cyl 2 walls and assure me they are fine [well it's a cylinder, so I guess it's just the one wall, geometrically], so the timing belt has to be reset). i'll have someone more ...
  2. E

update: VWoA's regional case manager called me last night to inform me that they'd be making a good faith gesture in my case, but that I'd have to wait to hear from the writer to get specifics. The case manager was pretty pleasant to deal with. I spoke to the writer (ass't mgr) today and VWoA...
  3. E

update: the service writer's informed me that a tech has now inspected cyl. 2's walls and finds no scoring, and they are reassembling the car now. No word from VWoA yet on recompense for what the dealership asserts is a material fault yet, but I am owed a callback from their regional agent by...
  4. E

update: Well, the bell of piston 2 is still in fact full of shards, and they completely demolished the remaining plugs ceramic tips. There's no way to reconstruct gp 2 to tell if the car had in fact been driven a while on a broken plug. At this point I have no way of telling if they started the...
  5. E

As do I. I asked, and he said there was no way of knowing for sure (employee trust issues?) and then made the argument that if that had happened, and they were trying to cover it up, they probably wouldn't have mentioned the .25" piece they /did/ find. This other detail is clawing at my brain...
  6. E

I had a CEL for GP2 but it occurred after they halted the recall. I had the dealership change the plugs, with the intent of filing a reimbursement claim with vwoa when the recall restarted. In pulling the plugs, not all of #2 came out (about 1" missing) and they called me. After I started...
  7. E

Another Dealer horror story

I've read several threads thus far and have reached the same conclusion. The GP light came on about 1000 miles ago, and the weather was warm so I scheduled the work for when it was convenient. I checked my oil about 100 miles ago and the level was fine, so I doubt the GP CEL occurred during a...
  8. E

Another Dealer horror story

i'm in a similar boat. went in because i had a CEL for GP 2, had my normal mechanic verify the plug was bad without removing it, then went to a dealership. when they pulled the plugs, they said 1,3,4 came out fine but 2 was missing a tip. that was as specific as he'd be aside from repeatedly...
  9. E

MA Inspection

i had a couple of o2 sensor related readiness flags. i've heard many a recipe for getting readiness; anyone have a good driving pattern they can recommend to set o2 and o2 temp on a pd?
  10. E

TDIFest 2009 Pictures

Another small set... Apologies for the quality but that tv was the only light in the room. http://faca.de/gallery/v/public/events/tdifest_2009/afterparty/
  11. E

TDIFest 2009 Pictures

I just started sorting and editing :) Here's one set by request: http://faca.de/gallery/v/public/events/tdifest_2009/jettafock/
  12. E

NEDD 8 or New England Dyno Day

yesss -- valid inspection sticker, you will be mine!
  13. E

Hotel Room Sharing

i'm looking to split a room. i haven't made a reservation yet but i'm planning on being down there from thursday night to sunday night.
  14. E

Movie Night Thread & Poll, version 2

Climb dance C'etait un Rendez-vous except on a big screen with enough bass to fool the butt-dyno
  15. E

Movie Night Thread & Poll, version 2

regardless of the winner, get "C'etait un Rendez-vous" and "Climb Dance" as trailers.
  16. E

Here it IS HO5G GTG Nov 01, '08

much thanks for the warm garage space and the diesel-for-people hamster brownies :)
  17. E

O God I Saw Diesel For $4.01!!!!!!

3.49 on arsenal st in watertown. . . in the morning and evening. i think it's 3.59 during peak hours
  18. E

VW Day at Larz Anderson, Boston 10/12/08

i didn't check my calendar before posting the "i'll come" message... had a prior in bumfsck western ma
  19. E

VW Day at Larz Anderson, Boston 10/12/08

hmm, aight i'll be sadly missing this. i will see most of you sometime soon