Search results

1. S

2001 VW Jetta GL TDI 5 Speed, Little Rock, AR

**SOLD** So I've been on the fence about selling this car, and had typed an ad up, figured it was time to put it up for sale. Been tracking the selling prices of these cars for a while so I figure $4,900 obo, I've got a clear title in hand, read to sell: 2001 VW Jetta GL TDI 5 Speed. 180k...
  2. S

ALH Injection Pump gaskets (not o-rings)?

Ok, everyone sells the seals, but there's this one: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZEx2Pd6JBNQ/T1JqgsX0wFI/AAAAAAAABeY/kuYBwAVHZmQ/s640/2012-03-03_13-00-46_428.jpg And the one on the other side for a 4 bolt plate. They are gaskets and not the o-rings. I found the pdf with the part...
  3. S

FS: 2005.5 Jetta 5MT, Little Rock AR

***SOLD*** I'm not sure if it's a pkg 1 or 2, but here we go. $12k firm. My daily driver, but I have to sell it because of divorce. 68,8xx miles, been up on the service on it for sure, and runs like a champ. Only bad items are: 1. Front lower insert I had to pull off as I didn't have a...
  4. S

B20 in AR can really be B5?

Just curious. Found a chat thread from a guy that works next to a B20 place, and he's usually on the up and up. Stated that B20 sold in Arkansas can be, well here's the chat that I was NOT a part of: [Today, 11:35 AM] xxxxxxxxxx: b20 is technically a blend that can range from 5% to 20% You...
  5. S

MK5 Autox on Sat, yay

This is a local's 2006 TDI that he raced at autox on sunday. I'll have to shoot him the link here so he can comment on his times, but I think he was VERY competitive compared to some other friends' car times. Comments ranged from, "that's a new car, why is it smoking?", "oh his new...
  6. S

Tapping for a boost gauge...

Didn't see one in the how-to, so here's the parts I used today. It's pretty easy. Just take of the hard pipe before the intake. Two clips, one on the intake, one off the top of the intercooler. And one IIRC T30 torx that holds it down. Drill hole and tap. I couldn't find some...
  7. S

So when your dogbone breaks....

I posted this on vortex, but thought I'd share here: You get to remove just about everything above the transmission. Because the lower part of the engine swings forward, it hits the driver's side fan and explodes: And that's really annoying. Not as annoying as when the exploded fan...
  8. S

FS: 2005 Passat Variant TDI

EDIT: SOLD SOLD SOLD -------------------- I had this up for sale before in Vegas, but I had to move here to Little Rock. This car has been great, and I'll be sad to see it go. We need to start consolidating our bills and save some money, so I'm putting the B5.5 up for sale. Right now it...
  9. S

98 jetta, troubleshooting + is the turbo gone?

I've gone through and replaced all the hoses. I tested the wastegate and it's opening under pressure. Basically, when boost requests go to about 1800, it's only putting out about 1200. What is the wastegate spring pressure usually at? I get the same results when just bypassing the N75, or...
  10. S

FS: 05 Passat Variant GLS - Las Vegas

edit: this car is not for sale at this time. It may be up again in 2-3 months, but I'll be in the central USA. Thanks for looking, and sorry Steve :( This car has been great, and I'll be sad to see it go. We need to start consolidating our bills and save some money, so I'm putting the B5.5...
  11. S

98 jetta tdi troubleshooting

I posted this on the vag-com list, but I thought I'd try here. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I replaced all the vacuum/boost lines on this car, and replaced the maf. Previous owner just replaced the fuel filter. Injection timing is spot on when read when the car is warmed up...
  12. S

Injector return lines AHU question.

One of the lines was bad and leaked fuel out today when I was working on the 98 jetta. Are these normally low pressure return lines? It looks like cloth covered factory lines on the car with no clamp. I replaced them, and also noticed the return that goes to the pump was not a fuel line...
  13. S

Just got another tdi, 98 jetta

Picked this up from the neighbor for $1,000. It's a little rough, but it's the next project car. For those that know tdi's, the intake is almost perfectly clean, I just hit it with some seafoam tonight to get it very clean. He left the maf disconnected, so I cleaned up the contacts, replace a...