Search results

1. S

My review of Revo Stage 1 Tune for Golf CR

There's more than just putting them on the dyno on the same day, lol. Adaptation comes to mind. Good to see some regular tuners. Is ARP really attempting tdi tuning? TWO WEEKS is their motto, lol... then 6 months later they say they aren't working on stuff, like their wifi tuner.
  2. S

Arkansas TDI owners

Let me know how that works out. I would trust them over the vw places here. Could be an audi thing though, grrrrr.
  3. S

Arkansas TDI owners

Parker has always been top notch in service. They don't have techs removing locking lug nuts and then lying about vw doing a recall on them to customers. Bottom line: can an audi dealer do a pre-paid vw service on a tdi?
  4. S

Arkansas TDI owners

Just be cautious, that's about all I can say. When I first moved here, NP wanted to charge me over $1000 for inspection because I moved from the "desert". and wouldn't replace a faulty panel that was bubbling out on a B5.5 Passat that was about a year old. See above about NP movement. I have...
  5. S

Arkansas TDI owners

Either are probably just as bad :) A lot of the humans from NP went to OM when they opened. I'm sure that for your service, either one is fine. However, you may want to call VGAI (vw) and make sure that the dealer is actually certified for TDI work. There was rumor that NP lost the right to...
  6. S

Arkansas TDI owners

Hex-can since they came out, I'm in LR, 430/630 area.
  7. S

2001 VW Jetta GL TDI 5 Speed, Little Rock, AR

**SOLD** So I've been on the fence about selling this car, and had typed an ad up, figured it was time to put it up for sale. Been tracking the selling prices of these cars for a while so I figure $4,900 obo, I've got a clear title in hand, read to sell: 2001 VW Jetta GL TDI 5 Speed. 180k...
  8. S

steering growning noise

That'll do it! PO of my 2001 had to replace the PS pump.
  9. S

Replacement Key Procedure

You need proof of ownership. Here in the states, title/registration and valid ID matching name/address. Audi dealers can no longer order a VW key.
  10. S

Replacement Key Procedure

No sir, it pulls it from the cluster, not the ecu! But that's just a technical difference! It's also not a guarantee, not even close.
  11. S

A/c help

I've also read that you can't jump the pressure switch. I just replaced a bad hose on a new-to-me 2001 that had a cut in it by the fans. Added oil and a new dryer/receiver, and a little dye just in case while the system was opened. Replacing that switch is the high pressure side, did it not...
  12. S

Arkansas TDI owners

It ended up in FS? Sweet. OH, I'm guessing the silver tdi, not the red gti? My old MK5 TDI, I saw running around LR after it was traded in, broken lower grill and everything (protip, make sure you have a screwdriver when you get stuck in the snow and need a tow with a MK5).
  13. S

what's the best currently available 195-65-15 fuel economy tire?

sorry, I'm just scanning the thread, is this a LRR tire? I've got some LRR's on the jeep and it seems like it take a little more to get up and go.
  14. S

Arkansas TDI owners

Hi! :) Don't know if I ever posted here, Little Rock. Currently have the LBP's 2001 Jetta, yay.
  15. S

Sporadic/Rough Idle Help

I wouldn't say it's time for a turbo, lol. I noticed you are in AR from another current thread here. Hope you aren't going to any LR local dealers (if you can help it!).
  16. S

ALH Injection Pump gaskets (not o-rings)?

Tried to clean it up with the original gasket, and it's leaking still... just not as fast! Any other ideas? What if I cut a new gasket out of gasket material? I have some of that higher density than cork stuff, but it seems to just absorb the diesel with a test piece, maybe compressed it will...
  17. S

How-To: Replace a MKIV ALH Diesel Injection Pump without Changing the Timing Belt

I put paint marks on the timing belt and the cam pulley and the injection pump pulley, aka 1.8T style. I was able to put the injector pump pulley on easily using the mark, with the cam locked, and then verifying the flywheel mark in the tranny. This helped since I didn't have to pull the cam...
  18. S

How-To: Replace a MKIV ALH Diesel Injection Pump without Changing the Timing Belt

Thank you! I've done a ton of 1.8T's, 2.0's, etc.... BTW answer my question here in 101 on the pump gaskets, not o-rings. I got a leak out of the gasket area, not o-ringed! Great writeup btw!
  19. S

ALH Injection Pump gaskets (not o-rings)?

Ok, everyone sells the seals, but there's this one: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-ZEx2Pd6JBNQ/T1JqgsX0wFI/AAAAAAAABeY/kuYBwAVHZmQ/s640/2012-03-03_13-00-46_428.jpg And the one on the other side for a 4 bolt plate. They are gaskets and not the o-rings. I found the pdf with the part...
  20. S

Working on this slowly with a 500000+ 2001. I can't get the timing belt off the injection pump sprocket (edit it's loose, belt is off , but cant clear the following:, the acc belt tensioner is in the way (yours is pictured). Figured I'd ask if it's a really tight fit before getting back into...