Search results

1. E

B7 M6, won't shift into 3rd

Hello all, I drive a 2013 B7 with a manual transmission and lately i am having difficulty shifting into 3rd gear. I have a malone stage 2 tune and have plenty of power so i can shift at 3K rpm on 2nd gear and shift into 4th and maintain 55-60km/H. I tried calibrating the shifter (with a 5mm...
  2. E

23mm RSB MK5-MK6 Golf/Jetta , B7

EIBACH 23mm REAR SWAY BAR MK5-MK6 Golf/Jetta , B7 Hello all, I have a 23 mm rear sway bar from Eibach. It was on my MK5 Jetta and later installed on my Passat B7. Had to put it back to stock for the wife... Fits in many models as you guys know. Parts Bar, ECS brackes but you will need the...
  3. E

Motor oil additive running on BD

Hi there, I want to run 50% biodiesel in my 2013 golf and passat. The passat will get the higher percentage of BD because of the exhaust upgrade and Malone tune. Are there any additives available to protect the oil.
  4. E

B7 suspension question

Hello all, With the previous VW's I replaced the suspension all at once (Koni/H&R springs) it was too stiff so I had to go from 18" to 17" wheels to make the suspension liveable. Been driving my Passat B7 and it drives like boat and I want to improve the handling but I am not ready to do a...
  5. E

A quick suggestion...

Just picked 2013 Passat and golf and want to ultimately do the exhaust and tune on each but want to do one modification at a time. Should it be the exhaust or a tune and why. The plan to do the second modification within 6-8 months.s thanks
  6. E

Need some advice

I have a 2002 and 2006 tdi and the time has come to replace the 2006. Here in Canada TDi is no longer available new but the dealer is still selling them used but we are not able to get the extended warranty or any financing from the dealer. I find this very strange that they are distancing...
  7. E

HELP - broken engine?

The engine has 260K Km and very well maintained My wife was driving the my MK4 and cracked the oil pan and we drove it till there was no oil left which basically ran for 45 seconds. I towed to the garage and they replaced the oil pan but found the turbo was fried due to the lack of oil...
  8. E

This is my plan

hello all, I have access to very high quality BD. I am looking at the CR engines and would do a malone tune, DPF/EGR delete. How high can my Biodiesel usage go if I change my oil every 8000Km On a side note are there any known issues with the DSG flywheel / 6 sp. manual flywheel TIA
  9. E

Considering Golfwagen upgrade(s) help!

Hello all, I will be trading in my jetta mk5 BRM for a jetta/golf sportwagen 2011. What do need to know about this engine? My wife will be the primary driver and she refuses to drive automatic so my first concern is, will the stock be able to handle a stage 2 map from Revoteknik (I have not...
  10. E

BRM turbo going limp on hills 80% of the time

Hello all, Short history: 2006 BRM Chipped to 18psi 255K km / 150K on BD100 ; surely not connected to my problem! The turbo would go limp on and off I thought that was the cam so I swap it out with a colt cam stage 2 as that was the only one available - very happy I did that but it did not...
  11. E

BRM actuator frustrations

Hello all, Short history: 2006 BRM Chipped to 18psi 255K km / 150K on BD100 ; surely not connected to my problem! The turbo would go limp on and off I thought that was the cam so I swap it out with a colt cam stage 2 as that was the only one available - very happy I did that but it did not...
  12. E

MK5 opinions

hell all, I have an mk5 jetta and have spent much time on the forum but I have 200K on the engine and just changed my cam (colt cam stage3). Will the car last to 350K? Are there any other known problems I should know about? btw, I am looking for an air box for the engine. thanks
  13. E

****WANTED**** BRM air box

Anybody have a BRM air box collecting dust that are willing to sell. evan
  14. E

engine stalls when hot

Hello guys, On my jetta 2002 (220 000km) has a strange problem. It starts perfect when the temperature is cold but when it get 90C the rpm is no longer stable and will stall; rpm needle jump approximately 200rpm but the engine vibrates and 5-10 later is stalls and i have to wait until it...
  15. E

Sporadic engine cut-off but with strange sound...

Hello all, I have a 2006 MK6 PD (BRM) and with this week's cold snap the engine suddenly cuts off when driving. The first time I started the engine was not running smooth at all ; seemed to misfire and I had to accelerate real slow. It cutoff after 1 km of driving which got me closer to...
  16. E

Fuel delivery problem 2002

hello, On my 2002 I have a strange problem I have had for some time. When my fuel level approaches 1/2 full the IP seems to lack fuel. Cold start takes longer, I see air pockets in the fuel line. The "T" fitting on the fuel filter has been replaced, the mechanic drilled a small hole on top...
  17. E

Strange Problem 2002

hello, On my 2002 I have a strange problem I have had for some time. When my fuel level approaches 1/2 full the IP seems to lack fuel. Cold start takes longer, I see air pockets in the fuel line. The "T" fitting on the fuel filter has been replaced, the mechanic drilled a small hole on fuel...
  18. E

Brm frustrations.....

Hello all, The car is a Jetta 2006 MK6 (1.9L) engine code BRM I have a particular problem and it first started when the rpm would rev to just below 2000rpm and if I continue accellerating there is a continual "clack" sound and no power. When I release the accellerator and accellerate slowly it...
  19. E

BRM problem...

Hello all, I have a particular problem and it first started when the rpm would rev to just below 2000rpm and if I continue accellerating there is a continual "clack" sound and no power. When I release the accellerator and accellerate slowly it revs past that range without a problem. So, quick...
  20. E

*** wanted *** maf brm/bew

Hello all, I need an MAF for my 2006 jetta (MK5). The BEW apears to be the same unit so i will take that as well. Thanks