Search results

1. F

tdi dakota conversion

Looks good! It seems like you did it in a relatively short amount of time (3-4 months). Any tips for doing it like this?
  2. F

TDI to '87 Yota 4runner

Alright cool, makes sense. Just used the factor Toyota mounting points and rubber isolators on the frame and added your own metal mounts to the engine. I'm just wondering in case I ever get around to my swap and I have to make mounts
  3. F

TDI to '87 Yota 4runner

Did you make your mounts solid? Or is there some kind of dampener in there. It's really late so I might be missing something obvious
  4. F

Rockcrawler

That is one sweet looking rig! I'm thinking about putting one in. That's some inspiration watching the video you posted a while ago
  5. F

And onto the wiring.

Wait, that can't be all of the wiring you end up with? Is this some of the engine wiring left? That's the one thing that I've been worried about and seeing this is pretty encouraging
  6. F

Diesel Swap Budget

Yeah, those two numbers I just threw down without looking stuff up. I just wanted to put them down as more of place holders
  7. F

Diesel Swap Budget

I'm thinking about doing a diesel swap and made a budget off of some of my research. Just wanted some input on how it looks and wanted some input. Like what are some other things that I will probably have to get and give me some more accurate numbers. It would be into a suzuki samurai 1986...
  8. F

Flood damaged donor

I'm looking on copart and there are a couple of tdi's for sale that have a flood damage salvage title. Should I try and stay away from this or would flooding be something easy to fix? I'm thinking that it might have destroyed a lot of the wiring and computer stuff let alone whatever the water...
  9. F

1993 toyota sr5 ALH tdi swap (3 week project)

Dusty, do you have any tips for doing a quick swap in for the engine? I'm trying to do a swap where I can have it in relatively quickly. It seems that having the engine running outside of the car really help
  10. F

TDI engine choice

I've heard that the passat is a good car to get an engine from since the engine and body have separate harnesses. Am I right or remembering wrong? And what engines come in the passat?
  11. F

WL: 1986 samurai mtdi swap

Does the Acme adapter not work with a tdi or are you just going to save the money and do it yourself. I was kind of wanting to do this swap myself. Now that I'm thinking about it, is it because you have the tracker transmission and not the original Samurai?