Search results

1. S

Stationary Oil filtration system?

Hi, I have been reading a lot on this forum about the various bypass oil filtration systems. My GLS TDI has about 6200 miles on it and I will probably install a bypass this summer. Does anybody know of any stationary oil filtration system which is not actually a part of the car? This system will...
  2. S

Hard gear shifts when cold (A temporary solution)

Hi, This topic has been discussed before. However I did not find whatever I am going to write. So read on! The hard shifting doesnt seem to be a problem. It is just an inconvienence that goes away in a couple of minutes. We all seem to have gear shifting problems when it is freezing outside...
  3. S

Gear shifting when cold (revisited)

Hi, This topic has been discussed before. However I did not find whatever I am going to write. So read on! We all seem to have gear shifting problems when it is freezing outside, espicially when going from 1st to second. Temps are routinely near zero here in Auburn Hills , MI. I tried a small...
  4. S

Gear shifting when cold (revisited)

Hi, This topic has been discussed before. However I did not find whatever I am going to write. So read on! We all seem to have gear shifting problems when it is freezing outside, espicially when going from 1st to second. Temps are routinely near zero here in Auburn Hills , MI. I tried a small...
  5. S

TDI in snow

Hello, I drove about 120 miles today around metro Detroit. We had a blizzard here today. The TDI Golf seems to be an excellent car to drive around in snow. (Maybe 4WD could be handy as well). There are a few reasons why its such a good car in snow. 1. Diesel engine braking comes in handy. I...
  6. S

Question regarding bypass oil filtration system

Hi, I have a question regarding the AMSOIL bypass oil filtration system. It takes approximately 10% of the oil and passes it through the filter. This means that now the engine is getting only 90% of the oil that it was getting before the bypass filter was installed. Is this lower oil supply...
  7. S

AMSOIL in Detroit

Is there a local dealership in detroit which sells AMSOIL products. I want to buy the Cetane boost, but only one can to begin with. Can this be bought in a local store? Thanks ------------------ God did not make spark plugs!
  8. S

Diesel fuel permit

Hi, Does anyone know how to get a Diesel fuel permit? What is it anyways? At a gas station in central MI, they sold diesel at a cheaper rate if you had a permit. Can anyone shed some light on this? Shirish_bh ------------------ God did not make spark plugs!
  9. S

Web site dieselnet.com

Hi, I have been regularly visiting this site (http://www.dieselnet.com). This has excellent information in general on diesel emissions. Just wanted to share this with members who do not know about this. Hope you enjoy reading it. shirish_bh
  10. S

Shocks creak!!!

Hi, My Golf is about a month old. Sometimes I have this nagging creaking sound in my rear shock absorber. The reason I am bringing this is because this golf is one of the first batch to come out of Brazil. Do any of you have any quality problems like this? Thanks
  11. S

Shocks creak!!!

Hi, My Golf is about a month old. Sometimes I have this nagging creaking sound in my rear shock absorber. The reason I am bringing this is because this golf is one of the first batch to come out of Brazil. Do any of you have any quality problems like this? Thanks
  12. S

Amoco Premier diesel in Auburn Hills, MI

Hello guys, I am just joining this group. I recently bought a TDI Golf and am immensely satisfied with what I got. Can someone tell me where I could find the AMOCO premier diesel in and around Auburn Hills, MI. This is 25 miles north of Detroit.