Search results

1. tc1uscg

RNS 510 SD card

Yeah but what I have found is the music sounds SOOO much better spinning off the hard drive. My minivan (Chrysler) is the same way. Music on the HDD just sounds deeper and richer. Don't get me wrong, I've used the USB connection and what I refer to as my micro-8TrackTape and since my system...
  2. tc1uscg

SEL Fender Sound System Problem

Yeah, thanks. I hope (wish) someone finds an easier way to do it but I didn't want to delete each song one by one. Had like 500 songs total. So, I hope who ends up with the car likes Led Zeplin, the band/song I left on there is from a young local group from Frankenmuth Michigan. They sound like...
  3. tc1uscg

Thanks. Though I had already done what they showed in the video, it doesn't wipe the songs off the hard drive. Soooo, I kind of figured it out. You have to go into MEDIA and select the HDD If you select the little box next to each music folder, it will let you DELETE it. BUT (I think this is a...
  4. tc1uscg

RNS 510 SD card

Talking about the HARD DISK DRIVE. I have the fender system that has a hard drive and it's about about a gig of music I want to wipe off. :eek:
  5. tc1uscg

RNS 510 SD card

How do you WIPE the sound/nav system for those turning in our VW's? Anyone ever do this? In one swipe instead of one song at a time LOL?
  6. tc1uscg

Not sure where to find the answer to this as google is worthless. I'm turning my 2013 Passat in to VW in 2 weeks. I'm going to want to WIPE the hard drive, nav system, phone book but can't find a way to do it. I've tried the factory reset but it just resets t he sound settings and deletes...
  7. tc1uscg

2015 Passat - Went with Approved Emissions Modification

Wow. Thats a lot of "mods". When we got our Passat (new) in 2013, it was for our youngest kid for when he went off to college, it would a good fit for him (assumed he would be going to Chicago but ended up going to Baltimore instead). So, instead of 5 hours away, he's 10 LOL. But we ended up...
  8. tc1uscg

Road trip distance?

Took my LAST road trip in the Passat TDI over the holiday weekend. Detroit to Sturgeon Bay WI. Took the north route. 590 miles one way. Left with under a full tank. Arrived, drove around a bit the 3 days we were there. Filled up before we left, drove back and still had between a 1/4 and half...
  9. tc1uscg

New 2015 Passat With Fender Audio

What I have found is MP3's played off it's hard drive sound better then a music loaded dvd. I've also noticed this in my minivan which has a hard drive (Chrysler). But everyone's hearing might be attuned to certain frequencies levels then others. I spent many years working with Morse Code. Use...
  10. tc1uscg

New 2015 Passat With Fender Audio

I've complained about my Fender system since day one. Sound is so/so. Not as defined as I had hoped. I had a 2001 Chrysler LHS that had a Infinity sound system that blows this thing away. Don't get me started on the worthless nav system and the slow slow back up camera system. My only standard...
  11. tc1uscg

12 Jetta headlights auto off

Understanding this is WAY late, I'm going to give my 2cents since this issue reared it's ugly head today. :eek: Son has the 2013 Passat TDi up at his girlfriends family cabin. Yes, middle of no where. He called saying it was dead. Guess 2 days ago, he had to manually turn on the headlamps...
  12. tc1uscg

Farewell TDI Forum

Better yet, watch Food Inc. Will the way you look at McDonlds, Tyson and a host of others. :cool:
  13. tc1uscg

drivers door latch defective

Before you do, you should open a "complaint" with the NHTSA https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/. I had an issue where my driver side door FROZE. Could not open it and I ended up bending some rod inside the door during the malfunction. I then called the dealer and explained the...
  14. tc1uscg

U.S. Gov't now looking into Fiat Chrysler

If that's the case, why would they not stop selling ECO's in the GC? I have it on good source that ECO's are not dead or dying. Besides, if FCA did kill off the diesel in it's trucks, that would be the end of them. Who will by a RAM that gets 10mpg on a good day. Sure, gas is cheap now and it's...
  15. tc1uscg

VW Buyback program is a nightmare

What about the TITLE. That shows ownership and when you sell the car, the title goes to the buyer, who gets one on the date they make the purchase. Did you take the car in for any services? They should have records of that. :cool:
  16. tc1uscg

Will this forum exist after everyone in the US (some day Canada) takes the buyout

Yes, just like there will always be a bunch who refuse to turn in their Samsung Note 7s:eek:. But lets just say CARB states make it illegal to drive a TDi that state, unless it has been "fixed", even if you are just passing through (Maybe a big green VW bumper sticker would signify the car is...
  17. tc1uscg

AdBlue Heater Warranty Extended to 120,000 Miles

VW, this is a load of crap Gee, how many more known issues are going to land us an "extended warranty"? This is total BS. First it's the turbo, now the adblue heater. Why fix anything. Just tack on a few extra miles to the warranty and call it a day. Having owned a couple of gas burner VW's of...
  18. tc1uscg

UNOFFICIAL Adblue Heater Element Failure Thread

Well, got my letter a couple weeks ago. Figured I had better let the fumes clear before I posted anything. But sorry people, this kind of approach is BS. Lets just extend the warranty on EVERY component that MIGHT fail and not fixing the problem. Some oversite entity of the govt should tell not...
  19. tc1uscg

Trunk Light - (and engine light)

Yeah, it's pretty much garaged. It's got 57k. That's where it's staying. Wife did numbers a couple of times and still says closer to 27k then 26. Not that it matters but it's the SEL Premium but I forget what we paid for extra to make it a premium. Car looks and still smells new but in the end...
  20. tc1uscg

Trunk Light - (and engine light)

Lets get the orign post info out of the way first. ;) Trunk Lid: Not micro switch. VW guy said it was the light itself (that explains maybe why I had power to the plug going to the light). Part not in stock, didn't order. Not replacing either at this point. Recall done: Wire harness...