Search results

1. M

First TDI - MKIV

Been quite some time since I have updated here... Can't say that I am complaining as this was the whole reason I bought the TDI. The DWS's have seen better days at 47,000miles in just under a year & half. Time for some new kicks for Smokey. I decided on the Cooper RS3-A's. Why? Price, tread...
  2. M

First TDI - MKIV

Was able to get the skid installed today. Not a bad process considering the old skid was removed by mother nature. Really happy with the DieselGeek by-pass I have on my car and knew I would love this just and much. I was right. Highly recommend this skid to anyone looking for one... Here is the...
  3. M

First TDI - MKIV

This came in the mail last night via Brown Santa :D install is planned for Sunday...
  4. M

First TDI - MKIV

Friday we got what is hopefully the last snow fall of the season. Went and picked up the lady so that we could hit the gym. Barely anyone there so I figured I would see what the Jetta could do and have a little fun at the same time. Well all was good till this happened - Got stuck and ripped...
  5. M

First TDI - MKIV

Last storm of the season was a good one. THOR dumped a solid 8" and made a fun drive home last Thursday... Poser shot in the parking lot - This past Sunday I was able to tackle the AERO AR25 that I picked up. I mounted it where the old exhaust was, made new hanger mounts and extended the...
  6. M

First TDI - MKIV

Been awhile since I have stopped in to update here. Car was running great until the arctic cold of winter set in. I learned my lesson with buying brake cables from the auto parts store and not IDparts. Water got into the new lines and froze them shut. This caused me to have to leave the car at...
  7. M

First TDI - MKIV

Car is back up and running finally at 11:30pm EST. Lost a good 2 hours to setting up VAGCOM on a XP based computer. First the cable then the computer itself. Then uninstalling VCDS. Then reinstalling it and FINALLY it worked. Was able to do the ABS purge and somehow had air in the front driver...
  8. M

First TDI - MKIV

Brakes So the brake situation has been living hell. I have no other way to describe it. I replaced the passenger rear caliper and never ran the tank dry so I have no idea why I have mushy brakes still. I replaced both parking brake cables with new ones and adjusted them properly. I grabbed a...
  9. M

First TDI - MKIV

This is how my weekend went. I wish this on no one. I have read the threads, done the research and installed radiators on other cars. VW came up the most messed up way of holding in the radiator possible. Yes it is "easy" but it is involved and you have to take your time. Nearly the whole front...
  10. M

First TDI - MKIV

I used all the parts from summitracing.com. 90 degree bends - WLK-41441 (used 2) 45 degree bends - WLK-41437 (used 2) Straight Pipe 4ft - SUM-640025 (I got this encase I would need extra) Exhaust Clamps - autozone I will take pics tonight for you as to how I used them and routed the exhaust
  11. M

2009 Jetta TDI

Any updates on this?
  12. M

First TDI - MKIV

I think the old flex pipe has seen better days - I had bad CV vibrations and clicking when turning at sharp angles so I ordered up some RAXLES from Marty. Have to say, rather impressed. Haven't driven the car yet and I'll get into that in a minute but overall they look impressive. By the time...
  13. M

First TDI - MKIV

Took off tues from work to spend a whole day working on the car. I have worked 28 day straight and needed the day to focus on all that needed to be done to her. Old vs New DP - I'm so happy I splurged on this - I ordered mandrel bent 2.5" tubing from summitracing.com and fabbed my own...
  14. M

First TDI - MKIV

Just like he mentioned. Fully welded on the inside for a smooth transition. I would get you a pic but it's on the car already Updates coming shortly with pics Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. M

How many miles per day do you average?

about 90 miles a day and that includes weekends. 650mi in 7 days nearly every week for the last year
  16. M

First TDI - MKIV

Thanks! Means a lot. The exhaust was delivered yesterday and I have not had the chance to install it yet. I spent most of my time yesterday after work tearing apart the front end to do the CV's. Opun first inspection, it is a work of art and well worth the hefty price I paid. Couldn't be...
  17. M

First TDI - MKIV

Some things to update on. Rear brakes are done. Shortly there after I developed a vibe in the front shafts. I have been battling a torn boot all summer and it has finally caught up with me. I just can't tell which inner CV I need. They show two on boraparts.com. Left and right side. Both are...
  18. M

First TDI - MKIV

Well things have taken a wild turn today and I couldn't be happier. Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy - WHITBREAD downpipe. Unused, never installed and extra long. I wasn't planning on spending the amount I did but sometimes it is worth it. The fact that only 8 were made this...
  19. M

My alh build thread

I would love to have a Whitebread DP and would willing fork over the money for one. Love his "J" style design. I don't think he is making them anymore if I remember correctly
  20. M

First TDI - MKIV

I thought about it and love the look of them but really have my heart set on BBC RC's. The 18" Aristos look right at home on the Golf/GTI platform. I will swap these out someday but right now i have bigger fish to fry with the exhaust and wanting a skid plate...