Search results

1. Deezil_n_Dachs

7600 mile road trip!

This is pretty lengthy... We just finished a 3 week trip in our Passat that took us to the west coast and back. We travelled 7600 miles through 18 states, stopping along the way to visit numerous National Parks and historic places that we've always dreamed of seeing. It was our 30th...
  2. Deezil_n_Dachs

7600 mile road trip!

This is pretty lengthy... We just finished a 3 week trip in our Passat that took us to the west coast and back. We travelled 7600 miles through 18 states, stopping along the way to visit numerous National Parks and historic places that we've always dreamed of seeing. It was our 30th...
  3. Deezil_n_Dachs

Engine oil leak

Yesterday the wife pulled the car out of the garage to let it idle and warm up before she headed into town. As she walked back through the garage she saw an oil stain on the garage floor, maybe 2" x 3" around. I'm not sure when it formed, but I'm 100% confident it wasn't there over Christmas...
  4. Deezil_n_Dachs

Driving & handling in winter weather

My wife and I made a a quick trip over to New Jersey this weekend for a family function. 550 miles each way, and I thought I'd talked myself out of doing that anymore. It's not as easy to recover from that kind of turn around over a 2-day weekend as it used to be. So driving from here to...
  5. Deezil_n_Dachs

Driver seat moves when passenger door is unlocked

Before I begin, let me state that we're really enjoying the Passat and we're very pleased with the choice we made in buying it. If there's one beef I've got it's this. We've got the driver seat memory positions preset for each of us. My wife is 5'7", and I'm 6'3", so the differences between the...