Search results

1. S

Cruise Control Question

My daughter has an MK4 Golf. No cruise control, non-heated manual mirrors, and crank windows. Can I replace her current signal stalk with one that has the cruise buttons? I have VCDS to recode ecu if needed. Thanks, Debbie
  2. S

Keep blowing fuse 34

Hello all. My 2001 Jetta alh keeps blowing this fuse. It started and ran fine three weeks ago when the temperature was around -8c. The next day, it was -27c. I started it and it ran like crap. Got the codes associated with this fuse blowing. I parked the car until the weather warmed up. This...
  3. S

WTB: alh race pipe and hardware

Anyone in Canada have one laying around? Need one asap. My EGR is leaking badly. Thanks Debbie
  4. S

2.0 Gasser 5 speed starter in alh tdi 5 speed?

Curious to know if this will work? Thanks, Debbie
  5. S

Suspension swap help

A little help please. I have a 2000 Jetta automatic. My friend has a 2001 Jetta 5 speed. A deer kissed the front end and insurance wrote it off. His car just had a full suspension refresh. Control arms, ball joints, tie rods and more. Can I swap his stuff into my car without issues? He is...
  6. S

Car runs until fuel filter is dry

Good day all My Jetta stalled on me last week. I thought I had just gotten some bad fuel so after changing a fuel filter on the side of the highway, I managed to get home. I was getting a ton of air bubbles in the fuel line to the ip after that. I did the fuel sender mod and drilled out the...
  7. S

Help with ps hose replacement

Good day all. I replaced the ps pressure hose in my Jetta yesterday. My god, I have bruises on my hand from putting the lower banjo bolt back in. Anyway, the bolt will not thread back in properly. I tried hand threading it in without the hose from all different angles and could not get it to...
  8. S

Alternator pulley

I'm beginning to think that the alternator pulley should be changed at the same time as the timing belt service is done. You have the belt off, and you are working in the area. For a small extra charge added to the tb kit cost, more peace of mind wouldn't you think? What do you guru's think...