Search results

1. psrumors

Door Lock Modules - Dependable Replacement

Which door lock modules should be used? Driver's front - will only open from inside after being locked Driver's rear - requires 3 or 4 unlocks before the door will actually unlock Passenger front - no problems Passenger rear - very rarely has an issue I want to replace all 4
  2. psrumors

Clutch Masters clutch line, bleeder block & T/O bearing?

Any thoughts on this kit? Better / worse than OEM? Going to be doing a clutch in my 02 and came across this while researching. https://www.uspmotorsports.com/product/clutch-masters-hydraulic-slave-cylinder-kit-6-speed-n3743a-75008026
  3. psrumors

02M MK4 Axles? Also clutch and such

I'm going to have to do a clutch and since my axles pop do them as well. So it's either spend half the value of the car or move on to something else and cut my losses...so of course I'm going to spend the money LOL For axles, there is Raxles and then Darkside sells "oem supplier" axles. Which...
  4. psrumors

Starter randomly wont spin

2002 Jetta Wagon auto converted to a manual. I don't have much history on the car other than the conversion was done around 195k miles and I bough it in Dec 2022 with 255k. I've put less than 1k miles on it until last month when I finally started driving it more. Each time I'd turn the key on...
  5. psrumors

02M Component Questions; Clutch / Slave / Master / Axles

Have an 02 Wagon that was converted from an auto to a 6 sp manual by a previous owner. I don't know alot about the car nor the conversion other than the parts were bought from Korwerks. I've put about 800 miles on the car. The clutch has always released right off the floor now the clutch isn't...
  6. psrumors

Replacement ECU, what's involved?

On my 02 wagon I want to send off and have the immobilizer deleted and a tune. Can I pick up a spare ecu and send it off so I can keep the car on the road? Will the ecu need to be updated to match the VIN of the car? Anything else I need to do to swap ecus?
  7. psrumors

WTB: Panzer Plate & Side Skirts MK4

Does anyone happen to have a Panzer plate and side skirt available for sale? Looking for a set for my 02 Jetta Wagon. Shipping would be to Rome, GA 30161.
  8. psrumors

02M Bell Housing Timing Plug Part Number?

I'm in need of the timing inspection plug for an 02M. I've been told it is not the same as the 02J. Does anyone have the PN or know where one can be had?
  9. psrumors

WTB: Lower Engine Splash Shields (2002 Jetta Wagon TDI)

Looking to buy the three splash shields (engine, right & left fender wells) for a 2002 Jetta TDI wagon. These would need to be shipped to Rome, GA 30161
  10. psrumors

ALH Coolant Hardline Seal Replacement

I replaced the seal on my 2002 ALH coolant hardline as it was leaking. I've read a few posts on the subject and some mention how difficult it is to get the pipe seated back in the block with the new seal..... Mine slid right in. I cleaned the pipe, cleaned up the hole in the block (shop rag, no...
  11. psrumors

Timing Belt on 250k mile engine

Just picked up an 02 Jetta wagon with a leaking water pump / unknown maintenance history. Below is a list of my plans "while I'm there" and wondering if I am missing anything. It's a decently nice car and my plan is to use it for a daily run around. I'd like to bring it up to par starting with...
  12. psrumors

WTB ALH timing belt tools

Before I buy new, anyone have a set of timing belt tools available? Shipped to Rome, GA 30161
  13. psrumors

CR Race Pipe

Not sure what it is worth, came from AARodriguez $75 shipped in the continental US OBO
  14. psrumors

Free - Liqui Moly 5w-30 & CR Mann Filter

Pick up only, not interested in trying to ship the oil. I am in Cartersville, GA 30121. If you are close and it is worth coming to get come on and it is yours
  15. psrumors

ALH EGR Delete and Race Pipe (auto)

New never used. No idea the value so we will start at $100 shipped in the continental US OBO
  16. psrumors

Any value in DPF, Cat & EGR Cooler?

My car went back with a delete pipe. Any value in a DPF, CAT and EGR cooler that were removed at 6k miles considering the state of these TDIs?
  17. psrumors

Hex-Net Pro (Unlimited VINs)

I bought this February 2015 from Ross Tech as evidenced by the invoice. They were $500 then and are now $600. How about $450 shipped?
  18. psrumors

Offer letter received for Fix not Buyback

I am nearly certain I signed up for the buyback but received an offer for the emission fix. Signed the document for a switch to buyback...waiting some more. The offer was for $6561.73
  19. psrumors

Hit the 55 mpg mark

Just had to share, Cartersville to Gainesville FL, 400 miles with the cruise set on 70, 55.7 mpg Coming back I was in a hurry to get home and ran 80, 44 mpg And yes, hand calculated
  20. psrumors

2001 Jetta dies and restarts

I am 200 miles from home and my 16 yo son is having issues with his 2001 ALH. He pulled to a stop light yesterday and the car quit, he said just dead. It start right back up and he drove around the remainder of the day. Last night when he left work the car fired right up but then died. It...