Search results

1. C

Bosch to pay VW TDI owners too

Bonus http://autoweek.com/article/vw-diesel-scandal/vw-diesel-owners-will-get-cash-compensation-bosch-too
  2. C

FS: 2Mircon Filter housing & window deflectors

2MicronTech billet aluminum contain kit. A must for those with a 2009-2012 2.0 TDI. The HPFP has been a known issue in these years of cars, hence the extended warranty to 120,000 miles. Installation of this kit will contain any metal particles in the high pressure section of the engine and not...
  3. C

Door open/close contact - 2009

As I work on my door locks and issues I learn a little more. I had removed and was working on the door lock mechanism for my LR door. Cleaned the motor and locks seem to work. Re-assembled and now the door open/closed indication does not work which seems to prevent the lock from...
  4. C

Door lock mechanism's - 2009

Of all the problems I have had with my car, this one has me scratching my head. Basic story: The drivers side door would some times lock, sometimes not. Seemed to be the contact switch would connect intermittent. Then the issue moved to the drivers side rear door. Now it has moved to the...
  5. C

HPFP failure and clean up DIY

EDIT: Search and ye shall find, here is another DIY for the HPFP. I will continue with my adventure, but you can save the wait and get it now: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444273 Same basic procedure that I was going to follow, including some of the references. Only changes I...
  6. C

P0401 - Anyone changed thier own DPF?

Title says it all. My wife has an early 2010 TDI sportwagon. I think about every problem that I can find related to VW 2.0 TDI's has happened to this car. Bad sunroof drains, P2015 intake flapper, exhaust flapper, and multiple EGR related issues (code P0401). Oh and my wife is awful at a...
  7. C

2010 tdi - p0401

Well, my wife's Jetta has the dreaded P0401 code again. Dealer replaced the EGR filter on the last inspection. Here is the VCDS: 001025 - EGR System P0401 - 000 - Insufficient Flow - Intermittent - MIL ON Freeze Frame: Fault Status: 10100000 Fault Priority: 2 Fault Frequency: 110 Reset...
  8. C

MKV Trouble priming fuel system

Title really says it all. Due to the consistent P2015 code, purchased new intake and replaced. Code has disappeared. Now trying to prime the fuel system to allow starting. Have followed the Benley manual and used VCDS to run fuel pumps. No go. Loosened the injector lines to bleed air from...
  9. C

MKIV - Prime Fuel line w/o VCDS

I am looking to replace the intake manifold due to the P2015 code. Tried the E-clip and did not make a difference. I have read that the fuel system needs to be primed prior to operation to prevent damage since the fuel is the coolant/lubricant. Everything I read says to prime using VCDS...
  10. C

P2015 / P2016 Codes

So I have had the P2015 locked in for a while and I have researched the options to get rid of it. Has not affected mileage or performance at all but my state will automatically fail your inspection if the CEL is on. I tried the $0.25 E-clip trick, lost the spring, but still managed to get it...
  11. C

2010 Sport wagon clutch adjustment

So my wife asks me to look at her sportwagan as the cruise control is acting funny. I take it for a drive this morning and the clutch is slipping heavily in all gears. I can barely maintain 65 mph on the highway. Is there a way to adjust the clutch to tighten it up a little? Or is there...
  12. C

Lower MPG after TB change?

I recently changed the TB on my 2009 Jetta. I read and followed a couple of instructions to change the belt and everything went well. (Except for accidently kicking over the bucket holding the used coolant, but that is another story :rolleyes:) I notice driving that I am consistantly getting...
  13. C

Glow plug numbering

Long time reader, first time poster. I recently stated getting a "P13D4" code on the reader indicating problems with a glow plug/pressure sensor. I have the Bentley manual and have searched the web, but could not find the glow plug numbering scheme for a 2009 TDI. What is the correct order...