Search results

1. G

seeking expert on vp37 and Zexel Quantity Adjuster sensors

I can't find info anywhere, I have a Zexel VP37 copy which I can't get parts for that has a faulty governor/QA. I want to replace it with the near identical vp37 which looks identical, same method, same number of sensors and wires. But the parts are not quite interchangeable, like the front...
  2. G

UK Nottingham Polo Classic Saloon 1.9tdi ex cond full MoT

Solid car, runs great, fantastic economy, full MoT, history, electric windows central locking power steering, huge boot, £750 ovno, can email pics Call/text Greg 07946 378509
  3. G

Any Interest, New Factory Recon GT1749VB PD150 Turbo, New PP520's

What price can new (not clone, genuine Garrett) GT1749VB's be had over there then? Shipping I took a look and I think £100 as it's heavy, so I guess to break even I'd need £600. Yes they are like new, they have 12 month guarantee though obviously long distance a return isn't practical. They...
  4. G

Any Interest, New Factory Recon GT1749VB PD150 Turbo, New PP520's

Hi All, I have a spare turbo I have the option of having 'factory reconditioned' (Looks and is effectivley a brand new unit, all new internals, casting blasted and all new studs/actuator etc - basically we use them instead of new ones as they are cheaper and as good). It's in the UK and due to...
  5. G

Hose-in-hose versus Hose-by-hose fuel system

No, because I always use a proper alloy flat plate heat exchanger made specifically for the job. The fuel comes out of it at coolant temperature (it's capable of sinking up to 3kw of heat so one pass has cold fuel up as hot as the coolant) and it fits comfortably in my hand so it's nice and...
  6. G

VW Finally Produces Service Bulletin For Heavy Duty Rings For WVO Burning Tdi's

Interesting thread, here's my take on it (having just had my hands on two wvo damaged 1.9tdi's in the last week). The advise I have always given is that a basic starting point has to be a twin tank kit with automated, controlled changeover and full purge back to diesel to ensure no oil is used...
  7. G

I'm afraid the USA isn't the world and the tdi is a world engine, as vegoil is perfectly legal in the UK and in Germany among many, many other countries it's questionable legality in the USA shouldn't have any relevance to the engine design. As you said it does run well/is made to run on...
  8. G

That is both correct and missing the point. The author was taking a more specific look at why they fail, for those interested in running WVO. I think anyone knows they can run on and indeed were designed for diesel. It's a bit like people who put huge nozzles in with no tune and melt the...
  9. G

power stearing pump removalpower increase/electric psp

A very good idea. The Polo 9N, Fabia, B6 Passat, Golf V, Golf VI etc and most modern vehicles all use electric or electro/hydraulic steering because it's more efficient. Greg.
  10. G

Does your car have over 200k miles?

Yes, 212k. Engine block, pump & head original. Clutch, gearbox, ac pump, alternator, all bushes & joints were shot by that time, the DMF for the 2nd time. Greg.
  11. G

Is PD130 IC larger than ALH

No. The piping around is though, both on the intake from the air box and the output to the intercooler.
  12. G

PP520 Bosio PowerPlus Nozzles

A set of 4 brand new PP520 nozzles for VEP 1.9 TDi's eg the 90/110hp Golf mk4 TDi. 20hp average increase/40nm on a 90hp eg ALH. These were for a personal project, never fitted, nozzles only (not injector bodies) and brand new. $357 from Kerma new + shipping, I'm looking for $300 delivered to...
  13. G

Which box, 02J +.068, 02S or 02M for economy?

Cheers buddy, I have kind of come to the same conclusion also due to cheap availibiltiy of the LUK dual mass/clutch and fact I can build an 02J with the taller 5th and a LSD fairly cheaply & drop it in as a direct swap. Another time, another day, I'd like to build up a DSG. But that will...
  14. G

Which box, 02J +.068, 02S or 02M for economy?

Hi guys, I'm shortly fitting a new box and clutch. The car is a workhorse often used for long runs. Keeping up with 80mph+ traffic would require 3,000rpm or so now which I feel dents economy and is a bit 'revvy'. Also first/second is a bit tall for large loads and hill starts, but I can live...
  15. G

Injection pump case pressure

Have you used new bolts and the correct torquing procedure? Basic timing just measures where the pump is in relation to the accessory carrier bolted to the block so the pump must be vibrating round. You do slacken the hidden bolt at the back and the IP lines before adjusting it if it's the old...
  16. G

1.9PD strange boost, has had N75 & turbo

Update - previous garage have fitted wrong N75 by the look of the part numbers. I won't get any time on it till Monday but will update then. The N75 that was originally on it looks correct in ETKA but the one on it now is for a 2008 model and a totally different part number! Will update...
  17. G

The actuator nut is taper goo sealed having been set up on a flow bench by the mfr's of the rebuilt turbo, the actuator and turbo being supplied recon as a complete unit. Given that the old one and old actuator were displaying the same 'saw tooth' patter of overboost/underboost, and given that...
  18. G

Some of those pulls were from about 2,000 to 4,000 and they were in 5th and 6th! Look at the second picture, I have done a lot of these turbos and that is what I ALWAYS see. I never see a spike like that, or an undershoot. As for looking at the actuator, it's new - the whole turbo is. It...
  19. G

Yes, everything is stock, it's a 100% stock car that came in with what I thought would be the usual start of VNT sticking issue. under 100k miles, in good condition, all original never touched. The KKK turbo is known to be weak so I wasn't surprised it needed rebuilding, but I am surprised at...