Search results

1. cool album

cool album

my cool album
  2. N

Flat towing a 2012 MT Passat

As for the key - I turn the car “on” and then turn it off one click to shut off the engine and accessories, but it keeps the steering wheel unlocked.
  3. N

I just drilled out and put a second light bulb in the tail light assembly. No complication on wiring that way. I would put the key in to unlock the steering wheel, leave the trans in NEUTRAL, and the parking brake off... then tow away!!
  4. N

I have flat towed with 2012, 2014 and 2015 manual passats. It’s perfect- don’t sweat it. Blue ox made the baseplate based on my car.
  5. N

2015 buybacks, crusher or being resold?

I just heard yesterday from my dealer that they bought two of the 2015 buyback cars. They have to do the software fix then they can sell them as used cars. The way it works is the dealer gets first dibs on the cars returned at their dealer. The dealer price is a set cost from VW, so if they...
  6. N

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

Blown turbo My car is still at the dealer and I am going to trade it in on a 2014MY identical car. The trade in value they are offering is outstanding and the new vehicle price is very good too... so I won't own this car any longer. Miles on car at failure: 15,500 miles Build date: I think...
  7. N

Flat tow a 2012 VW Passat TDI w/a stick

I flat tow my 2013 Passat TDI SE with a manual trans all the time. Checked with the local VW dealer mechanics (transmission builder and shop foreman) and also with BlueOX. (they put the baseplate in) Good to go man!
  8. N

My new Passat! '13 TDI SE 6M

I do already have a DG shifter that I never got around to installing on my JSW... so add that to the list... As for the ESP - I REALLY wish I had a button to turn it off -- as with the Hankook's I was having a hard time getting around in the snow. I just helped my GF (girlfriend) get a 2013...
  9. N

I HATE the Hankooks so so much

My hankooks have less than 300 miles.. And I drive them in the snow for the first time. Yuck! Terrible traction. Off they go and on go Michelins! Xi3 snow tires to be precise! Then in spring time I'll get a set of summer tires and wheels. :-) I made a deal as part of the purchase of the...
  10. N

Thanks VeeDubTDI -- it's been two years now and I have 4 and 7 year old boys! I have to put my superdad cape on every day! Oh boy... The Hankook tires suck in the snow & ice... Good thing the Michelin Xi3 snow tires go on this Monday!
  11. N

Well, let's see... I started with a 2002 Jetta Wagon manual Had a TDI club party at my house and Upsolute chipped about 20+ cars in one day. (got my chip tune free for being the host and getting that many guys over...) then sold it to a forum member and got a 2005 Jetta Wagon manual Then...
  12. N

Love my new car. The bluetooth radio/phone integration is fantastic! MPG for the first few miles is impressive... Quite a bit smoother and quieter than my '09 Sportwagen... Seems a little more powerful than the 09 'wagen... Now it's time to put my mod list together! - window tint - 3m...
  13. N

2009 Sportwagen TDI - 6 speed manual with Blue OX tow baseplate

Still for sale! The last 4000 miles has averaged about 42MPG. If I keep it to the speed limit - I have gotten 51-53MPG on straight freeway. Make an offer!
  14. N

Dinghy towing

FYI - I have a 2009 VW TDI sportwagon and have towed it 4-wheels down a bunch and it works great. The shop foreman at the largest VW dealer in the midwest said it is NO problem with the manual trans. I used to use a tow dolly - what a pain compared to 4-down! Get a Blue Ox baseplate and tow...
  15. N

Here is a link to more photos -- And the dirt in the rear all came out - I didn't vacuum before I took the photos there... You can clearly see the paint scuffs on the rear bumper cover as well...
  16. N

The front is not chipped up. It is really clean -- and I have pulled it about 5-6000 miles behind an RV. I can post more photos Nav is a no - but it does have the huge panoramic sunroof!
  17. N

Hey Kevin, I have already gotten trade value and it's not too shabby, but they want me to remove the tow bar... not something I'm looking forward to. So I'm open to offers!! I have had multiple inquiries on the car, a few people drive it -- so let's get someone to own it! So make an offer!
  18. N

ok - is someone going to make an offer or is it going to be traded in? :-)
  19. N

$22,500 on Craigslist... $21,900 for TDIClub members!