Search results

1. B

Losing antifreeze

I "loaned" my 2013 to my son, First job out of college, had plan to pay off student loans first, didnt want him to have a car payment etc,etc. He called me to tell me that the coolant light was on, no big deal I thought. He topped it off, 100 miles later it was empty again. It wound up being...
  2. B

Considering Purchasing a 2013 Passat TDI

I guess I’m lucky,2013 purchased oct of 13 with 740 miles on it, heater core replaced under warranty at 70k, one nox sensor at 132k, still returning 49 mpg.
  3. B

What engine is in your Mustang? I've got a 67 convertible, 200 straight six

What engine is in your Mustang? I've got a 67 convertible, 200 straight six
  4. B

2013 TDI Tune exhaust questions

First off thank everyone for your replys and info/opinions. I will let everyone know what route I take.
  5. B

The issue is it gives me the 200 mile to no restart. Its done it twice, both times i have been...

The issue is it gives me the 200 mile to no restart. Its done it twice, both times i have been on long drives to jobs and it costs me a day.
  6. B

THats kind of where i'm at, I want to hear from people that have actually done it, and what their results were.
  7. B

Has anyone done a complete delete/tune after the diesel gate warranty expired? If so what delete/ tune and what were the results? The main reason im looking at it is because the adblue system has left me on the side of the road 3 times, All after the "fix" was completed. It was covered under...
  8. B

Sell Passat TDI after warranty expires?

What happened with the oil filter housing?
  9. B

Adblue Light Came On, Tank Is 3/4 Full

I had almost the same thing happen to me. Twice the 200 mile to no restart code flashed up on the dash. The dealer found the first time the injector was only putting in 155ml instead of 158. Second time the ad blue tank had to be "burped" according to the dealer. I have 9,000 miles left on the...
  10. B

Problem with the Adblue system

Well mine wound up being the ad blue injector, it was only putting in 152 ML of adblue. The range is 155-180ml. It was covered under warranty, but that doesn't help when the dealership service department was closed. I do have to give kudos to Harper VW in Knoxville, one their mechanics was...
  11. B

Problem with the Adblue system

Berks Tom, Did this ever get resolved? Mine has almost the exact issue. 200 miles to no restart, add blue tank full.
  12. B

How long did your battery last?

Bought my Passat new Oct of 2013, build date of Feb 2013. Just now replaced the battery, I left it at an airport for 5 days, it was a little slow to crank. Had it tested, it was at 65% load capacity after a 2 hour drive. Rather safe than sorry, I dropped a new one in.
  13. B

2012 TDI Stutters and doesn't shift in the AM

Mine did the same thing right after the fix was done. Dealer wound up replacing all 4 injectors under warrenty, Problem gone.
  14. B

Need Advice Pursuing Getting A Dealership To Do Their Job......

I dropped it off the night before, and went in the next morning to drive it with the service manager. He saw/felt what it was doing and and was surprised that it wasnt throwing a code. after that they tore into it
  15. B

Need Advice Pursuing Getting A Dealership To Do Their Job......

I had a similar problem last fall after the "fix" was done. When it was cold it made a lot more noise, similar to an ALH motor. Then as you were driving prior to it warming up to normal op temp, it would stumble like it was starving for fuel. Long story short the dealer put in 4 new...
  16. B

Snow Tire advice

Are the jetta rims 16x6.5? 5x112 bolt patter with 44 mm offset? I'm looking for rims and all the tire shops here (PA) are squawking about dropping from a 17 to a 16 inch rim.
  17. B

Just Purchased - 14 Passat TDI 6-Speed

I can't remember the date, but if you didn't own it before the story broke, you are not eligible for the buyback.
  18. B

Dang.. water pump failure

54,500 and the water pump went out on mine.......
  19. B

For those keeping their TDI

I opted for the buyback, But decided to change my mind and keep it. Trying to get VW to change my selection is a pain in the A$$.
  20. B

Defrost only heating one side of windshield

The dealer found the service bulletin about it. Just need time to get it in. Has anyone "deleted" the EGR? I've seen a few posts about a complete exhaust re configure.