Search results

1. B

2010 Jetta Tdi Cup Edition

I have no idea why it’s got Korean Hangul. It’s located in Charlotte, NC.
  2. B

2010 Jetta Tdi Cup Edition

Found this black one for sale on Facebook Marketplace! https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/852874406091707/
  3. B

700 Mile club Who's in?

Good luck going through 1900 posts to find that out lol
  4. B

2003 Golf GLS TDI manual, 114K miles, original owner, Seattle

This looks like a fantastic car for its age! If only it wasn’t winter time... That drive east over the Rockies 😳
  5. B

Feeler: 01 Golf in GA

Augusta PM sent
  6. B

Feeler: 01 Golf in GA

I may be looking to offload my Golf. It has almost 580,000 miles on the body, 200,000 on the engine. The body is in generally good shape. Timing belt was done 20,000 miles ago. It is mechanically sound except for one thing. The bad: The transmission needs some work. It is a 5-speed but...
  7. B

WTB VCDS for 2009 JSW

Still looking? I have one of the unlimited VIN cables available.
  8. B

Buybacks, cashback and current TDI pricing

I've already received payment for the Passat I traded.
  9. B

Now that I've read the court documents, there is no language that I have found that prevents the EPA, CARB or states from refusing registration renewal if a fixed is not generated. You're right I will admit, no one will be forced into a buyback but there is nothing definitive regarding the...
  10. B

Not yet...what if VW can't get an approved fix? The EPA and CARB certainly won't let those polluting diesels roam free on the streets I'm sure of. I bet it eventually gets directed from good ole gubment if a fix isn't approved.
  11. B

New Tires for Golf

Thanks all for the recommendations. I was leaning towards the PureContacts and I think that's what I'm going to go with. They're also running a special with Continental on tirerack.com this month where you get a $70 pre-paid Visa card with purchase too! Thanks again! You guys saved me...
  12. B

New Tires for Golf

I use tire rack for research but many of the reviews do not apply to VWs or the type of driving many people on here do. I've read on here plenty of people reporting 100k miles on a set of tires but that type of info is hardly found on tire rack or similar review sites. I'm interested in...
  13. B

New Tires for Golf

In the middle of purchasing a 2001 Golf that needs new tires. I have had Pirelli P7s on two previous VWs and loved them but the P7 isn't made in 15" sizes. Intrigued by the P4 but I'm not brand loyal when it comes to good tires. What is a good 15" all-season tire to run? Looking for a good...
  14. B

2017 Volkswagen Atlas

I'm surprised fuel prices have stayed this low for as long as they have. Maybe the next year or two will be different and VW will change their mind on diesel and get back in that market. Like you said, people have short memories...
  15. B

2017 Volkswagen Atlas

The Routan was flawed right from the start because it was a Grand Caravan in disguise. At least the Atlas is a VW designed and engineered model. IMO, VW is a car brand, not a SUV brand so the Atlas will never be the #1 selling mid-sized SUV, or #5. Even if it was pre-dieselgate, this SUV...
  16. B

Germany's Bundesrat Resolves End of Internal Combustion Engine

There's a Chevy Volt in the Northern Virginia area that has a personalized plate that reads "COAL PWD" :D
  17. B

2017 Volkswagen Atlas

Previous comment from VW indicated pricing would start below the touareg. Use of cheaper materials and lack of luxury options would be feasible especially if they want to compete in the 3-row market.
  18. B

2017 Volkswagen Atlas

Its been rumored and commented on but the first VW press release with firm details was within the last 24 hours. Also, I had not seen it mentioned anywhere on vw.com until I looked this morning; Monday, there was nothing.
  19. B

2017 Volkswagen Atlas

Finally something bigger than the touareg but sadly no diesel options... Starts arriving in the spring! http://www.vw.com/models/atlas
  20. B

Touareg Towing An Airstream

This summer we towed a 5,000 lbs uhaul trailer from western Washington to Kansas via California and the performance was phenomenal. Not a problem maintaining 65-70 up mountain passes or quick passes in the hammer lane. Also got 19 mpg to boot! Our limiting factor was the fuel gauge started to...