Search results

1. B

I have 2 1998 Jetta TDI's for sale here SouthEast Massachusetts

Best offer!! I have the title for the black car it could be salvaged. I am not looking for more than $1000 for both and might accept zero $ to good home. I was saving these motors for dream conversions but am moving now and don't have time to deal with it. I will update this post soon just...
  2. B

How long does your airbag light come on for at startup

How long does your airbag light come on for in your A3 when you just turn the key enough to light up the dash? Then how long (if at all) does your airbag light come on for when you turn all the way to ignition? Thanks - Todd
  3. B

Airbag light, steering wheel and horn fuse.

Ok so i have a 1998 Jetta. I had blown the airbags a year ago or so, and now inspections require "functioning airbags" which I think might be just a visual inspection that the lights come on and then goes off. So here is what I have done to remedy the situation. 1. obtained Airbag Control...
  4. B

Used Steering rack question

My steering rack has begun to fail on my 1998 Jetta, 180,000 miles. Is this a common occurence? Do these fail often? The reason I ask is because I am having the mechanic install a used rack with unknown miles, comes with some very pricy hoses. I am taking the gamble with the used part...
  5. B

urgent!! On a road-trip and having problems!

After driving 200 miles the car gets into a condition where the car has low power. The turbo boosts only to 10 psi, but it doesn't blow smoke. It does this in all gears. If I shut the ignition off, and then back on, the problem fixes itself. I hear a clicking noise near the turbo, could...
  6. B

Urgent!! On a road-trip and having problems!

After driving 200 miles the car gets into a condition where the car has low power. The turbo boosts only to 10 psi, but it doesn't blow smoke. It does this in all gears. If I shut the ignition off, and then back on, the problem fixes itself. I hear a clicking noise near the turbo, could...
  7. B

My breakdown on the Tobin Bridge.

Troubles with my 1998 jetta, seem to be fixed. It was 20 degrees out, i was running around b50-b60 and my engine loses power and blows smoke and check engine light comes on (cold start injector malfunction code) so I pull off to the breakdown lane. I swap the filter with a new one and fill...