Search results

1. B

I have 2 1998 Jetta TDI's for sale here SouthEast Massachusetts

Best offer!! I have the title for the black car it could be salvaged. I am not looking for more than $1000 for both and might accept zero $ to good home. I was saving these motors for dream conversions but am moving now and don't have time to deal with it. I will update this post soon just...
  2. B

Clicking noise from right rear @ slow speed

I have a similiar noise, it came on suddenly after a hard brake. The noise DOES go away when I pull the e-brake slightly, and only makes the noise at low speeds like less than 25 mph. -Thanks 1998 jetta 172k
  3. B

FS: 1998 Jetta TDI, 138k - CT

Hey post that pic of me so HAPPY!! Will take the best care of this car, for many years to come! Thanks for the straight up honest deal.
  4. B

Block heater.

Definitely the right choice!! Wow, wish this thread started 2 weeks earlier before I punched holes in my freeze plug. The block heater/freeze plug install is not as easy as many have claimed, in my opinion. That space is SO TIGHT and you freeze is supposed to "spin" when you hit the side...
  5. B

Block heater ..anybody installed one?

Too late! Egh I shoulda done more research before I smashed holes in my freeze plug!! Oh well I took it to the mechanic and they got it in. The mechanic ran my engine with no coolant and did a bunch of other crappy work. Is it bad to idle it at all with no coolant? Also he messed up the...
  6. B

Oh No! 1998 VW jetta A3 200,500 miles So I found the freeze plug, and attempted to hammer it with a flat head screw driver on one side. But it didn't move, I just put wholes in it. Any ideas on what I can do? Please send ideas my way!! thanks
  7. B

Where is the frost plug Drivers side or passenger side? Can I get a good description or picture, im crawling around in the snow here. Thanks-
  8. B

Lift pump, Walbro FRB-11

Timing going wacky really? and other questions!! You serious about your injection timing going wacky REZ? Question about fuel cooling. This is the first Ive heard of it, whats bad about hot fuel? What is the optimal temperature? What kind of unit do you have to monitor the temp? What about...
  9. B

How long does your airbag light come on for at startup

How long does your airbag light come on for in your A3 when you just turn the key enough to light up the dash? Then how long (if at all) does your airbag light come on for when you turn all the way to ignition? Thanks - Todd
  10. B

Airbag light, steering wheel and horn fuse.

Horn was unrelated. Purely coincidence that the corrosion in one of my horns plugs got bad enough to short it self on the same day I removed my steering wheel! Why VW god do you play these games with me!!! Airbag light still intermittent. Im recording a shedule of when it comes on and off to...
  11. B

Airbag light, steering wheel and horn fuse.

Ok so i have a 1998 Jetta. I had blown the airbags a year ago or so, and now inspections require "functioning airbags" which I think might be just a visual inspection that the lights come on and then goes off. So here is what I have done to remedy the situation. 1. obtained Airbag Control...
  12. B

Disabling airbags for mods/maintenance

Airbag light persists. I tried 2 and 3 ohms on each of the the airbags. Used my vag-com it reads fault codes to airbags as Drivers side Low Resistance intermittent and fault to ground. Passenger reads low resistance intermittent and high resistance intermittent. It also has code 00595 CRASH...
  13. B

Good Stuff! Thanks so much man! Ill give it a go tomorrow, get those at radio shack hopefully.
  14. B

I have no airbags can I make the light go away I have 1998 A3. After crashing my car both airbags deployed, I have put blank airbag covers from a junk car onto my car. Just this year Massachusetts passed a law that will fail my car at inspection if the airbag light is on. Will disabling them...
  15. B

HELP Noise and smoke - almost broke something?

exhaust from injectors? please clarify this exhaust form injectors.
  16. B

HELP Noise and smoke - almost broke something?

Oh Noes! I just did my intake cleaning, drove around, felt great but after 10 miles it started making a horrible ticking sound like a valve and it gets louder and faster with engine rpms. Any ideas?
  17. B

Used Steering rack question

My steering rack has begun to fail on my 1998 Jetta, 180,000 miles. Is this a common occurence? Do these fail often? The reason I ask is because I am having the mechanic install a used rack with unknown miles, comes with some very pricy hoses. I am taking the gamble with the used part...
  18. B

Urgent!! On a road-trip and having problems!

Woohoo Yeseree there was a little tear in that line in my ECU. All better now, cleared CEL and hasnt come back after 2 hours of driving. Boost spikes and settles as it should.
  19. B

About that vacuum/pressure line inside the ecu Looks to me like its connected directly to the line outside the ecu, so couldnt I just put air pressure on the line coming from the intake pipe and see if it leaks? Do i need to open the ECU up? I tested the lines with a vacuum pump and the held...
  20. B

1z/ahu 1998 jetta Yea I have that car, wastegate, what about the audible clicking noise when I step off the gas?