Search results

1. WeLikeBananas

What-will-they-think-of-next dept.: VW developing 10-speed (!) DSG, high-output TDI

Indeed. It's gotten more ridiculous than the Gillette/Schick "blade wars" (which, come to think of it, have been quite stagnant for a while)...
  2. WeLikeBananas

My New Reflex Silver JSW with brand new (Today) Anthracite Goals

Hot! That's exactly the color and mod I've been leaning toward.
  3. WeLikeBananas

TDi as NYC Taxi

^^ What? A JSW TDI?
  4. WeLikeBananas

Cornsilk Beige - How does it hold up?

I appreciate this month's new deluge of posts, and I think they've pushed me toward black now (which is okay, since silver and grey are my favorite available exterior colors for the JSW anyway)... I sat in a black a few weeks ago, and it wasn't as dreary or downscale-feeling as I'd feared (in...
  5. WeLikeBananas

TDi as NYC Taxi

It occurred to me recently that I wouldn't mind driving a cab here in DC, as long as it had great seats and a stick. So, of course, my first thought was a JSW TDI (leading me to find and revive this thread...). Given the cramped rear seats of a JSW, however, I suppose a Jetta sedan or Passat...
  6. WeLikeBananas

Still Loving My 2011 JSW

And it's, by far, the best match for Cornsilk Beige. Well, they definitely look better than the stock 17"s... (But then I am one of those weird people that like the Sedona wheels!)
  7. WeLikeBananas

Picked up my 2013 JSW Yesterday

Congrats on finally getting the car! Yeah, that was the FIRST thing I noticed when I sat in one at the 2012 DC Auto Show, and it's doubtless due to its "old school" design. Pretty safe to assume that the next-gen one (which I may decide to hold out for) is going to lose some of that...
  8. WeLikeBananas

2013 Jetta TDI Sportwagen Intellichoice Best Overall Value Compact Crossover/Wagon

Definitely amusing, since their Inside Line (now "What's Hot") had a comparison test wherein the JSW trounced the V in that category. Consistency, people! http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/prius-v/2012/comparison-test.html
  9. WeLikeBananas

2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI MT $21,495.00

^^ No surprise there.
  10. WeLikeBananas

Seventh-generation VW Golf

^^ Even two buttons is a PITA (although certainly less of one than that screwdriver travesty). My MKI Focus has two buttons and, when you're using two hands to push the buttons, what hand is left to raise (or lower) the damn headrests? I wind up holding the buttons in and then rotating my hands...
  11. WeLikeBananas

Looking for rims for my 2012 Jetta

TireRack, too, has plenty of appealing 16" wheels for the Jetta (73 styles and counting)...
  12. WeLikeBananas

2010 Jetta SportWagen TDI MT $21,495.00

Lookin' good with the body kit and Goal wheels... Tempting, tempting.
  13. WeLikeBananas

Golf VII Wagon (Variant) Photo's Released

^^ http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=378949&highlight=jsw
  14. WeLikeBananas

VW Debuts the JSW R-Line Concept

Just give us a GTD looking like that and I'd be happy...
  15. WeLikeBananas

Great. Millimeters. So the rear-seat-legroom increase appears to be completely marginal. Guess there's nothing stopping me from just buying a MKVI, then.
  16. WeLikeBananas

Diesel cheaper than unleaded

That must be why it lists its diesel as "No.2"...
  17. WeLikeBananas

Even with Snow, Winter Tires are a Waste of Money

I'm sure this link has been placed at least once into this thread already (and "Summing Up" pretty much says it all): http://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/features/tire-test-all-season-vs-snow-vs-summer.html I took its advice in the fall of 2011 and, although the last two DC winters have not...
  18. WeLikeBananas

Thanks. I was too lazy to look for the MKVII dimensions (well, not sure they were readily available yet, either), and was hoping someone else would do it. I guess 5cm (2 inches) is better than nothing. Maybe that's 1 more inch of legroom?