Search results

1. L

Cruise Control Not Working After Engine Swap

Great stuff! Thanks Steve Addy and BigAndy for pinpointing the exact problem. I am now getting all the right numbers in VCDS. I will do a road test tomorrow but I'm sure the cruise will work. I checked continuity at D/11 and it was very unstable. However, the wire was connected and seemed ok...
  2. L

Thanks for your help guys. That's how I figured there should be power at the black wire in the stalk switch, but there isn't. Also, I checked fuse 14. That's what I've observed too. I'm pretty sure the brake/clutch pedal switches are installed correctly. See first post for the VCDS screen...
  3. L

I've done further testing after plugging everything back ( except the cruise switch). When I jump wires 1 and 4 (pins 1 and 66) simulating an ON switch and I apply power to it, I get a 1.0 at "Cruise present" and a 000001 at the third field in VCDS. Here is what I'm doing: I guess this...
  4. IMG_20200903_160243021.jpg

IMG_20200903_160243021.jpg

5. IMG_20200903_160235694.jpg

IMG_20200903_160235694.jpg

6. L

Just to be clear, here is what I'm doing. I've verified the following for continuity. On the plug that connects directly to the stalk, see picture, the positions are numbered 1 to 4. and on the big plug that connects to the ECU, there are 68 connections: ECU plug Stalk plug pin 1...
  7. IMG_20200902_104631622.jpg

IMG_20200902_104631622.jpg

8. IMG_20200902_093822064.jpg

IMG_20200902_093822064.jpg

9. L

The car is getting a safety check today in order to get plated. I will verify tomorrow. Thanks.
  10. L

Steve Addy, both cars have manual transmissions. I tried driving the car with VCDS and I get the proper speed reading in the first field but no cruise when I activate the CC. BigAndy, from the link you gave me, I should get voltage on the black wire. also from this link...
  11. L

On mine, from the cruise control stalk, the four wire plug goes to a four wire harness that, in turn, connects directly to the engine harness. The picture shows the connection to the engine harness. I had to move the fuse panel to take this.
  12. IMG_20200831_113141048.jpg

IMG_20200831_113141048.jpg

13. L

What does MT and AT mean? I was under the impression that the VR6 and TDI cruise control were totally different. I kept the accelerator potentiometer from the TDI and the pedal switches. As for the cruise stalk, I tried both. They are basically the same anyway. I will check the wiring again from...
  14. L

Yes I removed the VR6 accelerator and brake pedals along with the throttle cable, vacuum lines and wiring. I replaced everything with the TDI components and the clutch and brake switches. It's all electronic. I believe the car wouldn't be running if I didn't do this I think. And the car runs...
  15. L

Definitely the TDI main engine harness. I think that's the only one. I kept the VR6 cooling fan control switch relay module along with the harness and radiator and VR6 lights harness. I removed the air conditioning because it didn't work and I kept the TDI instrument cluster. And of course I...
  16. L

How do I know if my ECU is socketed and why would it stop working after a simple engine swap? My ECU has a silver case.
  17. vcds2.jpg

vcds2.jpg

18. vcds1.jpg

vcds1.jpg

19. 96 Passat

96 Passat

20. L

I have the original turbo which I think is WG, but I'm not sure I want to reflash. Isn't JB for a Jetta? Like I said everything was working fine prior to the swap with the same ECU and wiring. Also, everything else is running great on the car (or at least, the same as before).