Search results

1. rsd

***À Vendre*** Édition Mai/Juin 2015

A vendre 97 Passat Wagon (B4V) TDI -à Montréal Elle est très rouillé, mais elle roulle bien. Les upgrades que j'ai mis sont les injecteurs plus grande, Chip, KONI Red, Downpipe en inox. Les mags on été vollé donc elle est sur des jantes en acier des des snow, deux qui ont seulement une saison...
  2. rsd

FS: 97 Passat Wagon (B4V) TDI in Montreal

I'm selling my 97 Dark Blue Passat Wagon (B4V) TDI The engine runs well and still lots of torque. The body is rusted through around the rocker panels, door edges, wheel wells and floor panels and the interior is beaten up after almost 20 years. This is why I'm selling it. It's on steel rims...
  3. rsd

How much should I sell my 97 Passat Wagon -B4V for?

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm in Verdun, so on the Island. It drives great, would make the trip to TO and back at 140 kph no sweat. I'll post it on the For Sale thread here tomorrow.
  4. rsd

How much should I sell my 97 Passat Wagon -B4V for?

My 97 Passat wagon is leaving the family. It runs fine, but the rust has ruined it's looks. I know a wrecking yard will take it for $200 and I could sell it off piece by piece, but my wife would kill me. What is a running, but heavily rusted B4V worth these days?
  5. rsd

Buying a 2006 2.5l TDI (R5) - Looking for advice on common issues?

Hi. I've been driving a Passat B4 for the past ten years. The engine's great but rust has taken it's toll and I found a 2006 Touareg 2.5l TDI for sale. I know the AHU engine inside and out, I had issues with the Mass airflow sensor, exhaust manifold gumming up, seat heaters burning up, AC...
  6. rsd

B4V - 3A1 820 741D AC pipe replacement options?

Thanks guys, I'm going try to hunt one of these down in the junkyard. Cheers,
  7. rsd

***Recherche*** Édition Juin 2010

Un pipe de A/C pour un B4 - piece numéro 3A1 820 741D ou équivalent. Pipe qui va du Dryer à la valve d'expansion.
  8. rsd

B4V - 3A1 820 741D AC pipe replacement options?

Hi guys, Well it's getting warm and I thought I get the AC fixed on my car finally. I replaced the condenser but the threads on the pipe going to the dryer, 3A1 820 741D has stripped threads, so another leak and a $400 part to replace. Are there equivalent pipes that I can use or other options...
  9. rsd

B4V rear Springs - OEM Dealership 2 blue 2 green >$$ or Neuspeed Sport <$

Ok, I found some used OEM rear springs from a 2 liter 1993 Wagon. From what I see the markings are either 1 Blue and 2 White or 1 blue and 1 white. I checked the codes here http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=77738&page=5 But don't see that code. The rears on my car are 2 Blue 2 Green...
  10. rsd

Aha! That's the key. Now it all makes sense. So at 1/2 full soft on the back of your A3 the rear wheels will have less friction/traction on a washboard corner, than the fronts at full soft. I guess this would give you better steering and less bounce in the rear on single bumps? I definitely...
  11. rsd

I just read this on an Eclipse Forum, I think they were talking about track settings, does it make sense about the exit steering improvement. "Ok, now learn that nearly all shocks are referenced from 'full hard' and not full soft. This is to competsate for the shim deflection and nobody runs...
  12. rsd

Thanks for the input guys. I think I found a set of OEM read springs from a beached 94 B4V, it's a 2.0l so I don't think the fronts will work for me, at lest those are a resonable price new. I have to check if the springs are 2 blue 2 green or 1 blue and 2 white, like on the 93 or older wagons...
  13. rsd

Hi guys, Well this B4V suspension ride has been very bumpy indeed, in terms of the saga. Retailers quoting wrong prices, wrong spring rates, parts that don't fit, etc...etc... I've learned quite a bit. What I don't know is how bad my ride would suffer if I bought Neuspeed Sport springs for it...
  14. rsd

rear shock replacement- what else?

Hi dieseljunkie, Definitely replace all the parts you can in the back. I went through this a month ago and am gonna have to go through it again because they sold me the wrong springs. I've had a hard time to get all the parts, when they gave me the right ones, so in next half of my car's road...
  15. rsd

B4V no more Koni Reds- What's the next best choice

Ouch! $240 for each spring- B4V I need a recommendation on aftermarket springs with an OEM ride. Nobody in town sells B4V springs. I had to call the dealer and their selling them $240/each for the rears. I didn't even bother asking about the fronts. I'll try shox.com and see if they have...
  16. rsd

Shox.com had the Reds in stock for the B4 Thanks guys, just what I was looking for, drive tests from the gurus. I called Mark at shox.com. Turns out they had the shocks in stock, (the site hadn't been updated so 4-6 weeks didn't apply) and they're gonna ship them to my door, arriving wednesday...
  17. rsd

Thanks for the input guys. I did check Bora's site. Bilstein TC and HD are available and shox.com show's that the Reds are special order 4-6 weeks. I'm going to check with them tomorrow to see if this is accurate. I guess if it's better to get the Reds than any other option I can wait 4-6 weeks.
  18. rsd

I was looking to put Koni Reds on my B4V with stock springs for a nice comfortable ride and good durability. The roads here in Quebec eat up shocks and so it's more important to have ride comfort than great handling while driving over pot holes. Avoiding them often means driving in the ditch...
  19. rsd

Koni rouge pour B4V ou acheter à Montréal

Koni rouge pour B4V - Qui vend ça à Montréal? J'aimerai acheter des Koni Rouge (avant et arrière) pour mon B4, j'ai cassé un ressort en Gaspesie et les autres sont finis. Es-ce qu'il ya quelqu'un à Montréal qui aura ça en stock pour mon B4? Je veux essayer les poser jeudi soir. Merci,
  20. rsd

B4 Pompe à injection- Besoin d'un rebuild

Ma pompe sure mon B4 coule et j'ai besoin d'un rebuild des seal. Je ne connait pas trop bien la tache alors je cherche quelqu'un qui pourrais me faire le rebuild. C'est déja enlevé du char. Pourriez vous me suggéré quelqu'un qui fait ça? Es-ce que C'est quelque chose qui est assez simple à...