Search results

1. SkeeterMark

How does VW contact bank for payoff?

Just wondering, as my bank has not heard anything yet. Do they call? Send a letter? ????
  2. SkeeterMark

Counsel response - CEL and getting the fix

I sent a message to the legal counsel for the class action inquiring what to do if your vehicle is throwing a CEL. This is the response: A: We are currently talking with VW to see what they can do for people who are in this situation. For now, you should hold off on getting the repair (if...
  3. SkeeterMark

States getting as much as owners

So Minnesota is receiving $48 million out of the VW settlement to go towards "cleaning up diesels and promoting alternative fuels". The news said there are ~9,000 affected vehicles in MN, meaning the state is getting about as much per car out of the settlement as the owners are. I assume...
  4. SkeeterMark

Changed battery, now have warnings

Changed my battery and after installing the new one I've got dash lights on: Tire pressure and the what looks like slippery road light are on, and something that looks like a steering wheel. What gives?
  5. SkeeterMark

Wanted: New Tire swap on Buyback

Looking for anyone in MN that would be interested in swapping their good tires off of a car they are turning in for buyback and take my well worn tires.
  6. SkeeterMark

Cracked DPF-Regens....Yes or No

So ya, I found out last week I have a cracked DPF. I'm holding off on doing anything about it until we find out more about the dieselgate settlement, since the cost to repair is $2400. 2013 Jetta 6M, 108k I had the car in for diagnostics, and a forced regen was performed. I've driven about 400...
  7. SkeeterMark

New settlement leaks

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/vw-said-to-pay-diesel-owners-up-to-dollar7000-fund-clean-air-grants/ar-AAhx78P?li=BBnb7Kz
  8. SkeeterMark

Error code-Partculate filter below efficiency threshold

I really don't want to pay for emissions repair in light of the current situation. Wasn't there something admitted by vw regarding update 2306? Limited ability on this phone, and am at dealer. Anyone have any links or info that can help me?
  9. SkeeterMark

Key difficult to turn

This problem has been getting progressively worse to the point I'm worried I won't get the key in....or out, one of these days. It is a little difficult to insert, requiring a little finesse, but the real problem is getting it to turn the ignition cylinder. I need to jiggle the key and the...
  10. SkeeterMark

Mileage after engine break-in

I've read several items stating the mileage gets much better after engine break-in. So I decided to break down my mileage results in 10,000 mile increments to see what difference, if any, there was. 0-10k: 42.33 mpg 10-20k: 47.06 mpg 20-30k: 47.12 mpg Now at this point, I was thinking "Oh hell...
  11. SkeeterMark

Nokian eNTYRE - special in MA

I posted this in a thread about this tire in the MKIV category, but I think it warrants a little better exposure. I came across this while shopping around for tire prices, since mine are about shot. Looks like a pretty good deal for anyone who lives in the area, actually. I wished someone...
  12. SkeeterMark

Dynamic Radiator Shutter

Anyone notice this in the revelations of the 2015 Jetta? Dynamic radiator shutter. One new aerodynamic feature on the Jetta TDI 1.8T and 2.0 TDI Clean Diesel is a closeable shutter for the radiator grille. Closing the radiator shutter helps shorten the warm-up phase of the engine due to...
  13. SkeeterMark

Are we really driving around in our VW's?

Or are we just plugged into the VW matrix? A New Beetle Convertible (left) and a Golf VII are picked by an automatic elevator to be transported out of the glass silo, which is used as storage for new VW cars in Wolfsburg, Germany.
  14. SkeeterMark

VW a failure, according to MSN Money

http://money.msn.com/top-stocks/post--volkswagen-fails-in-the-us
  15. SkeeterMark

Another graph, because who doesn't like a good graph. Diesel vs Gas

Ok, since I've tracked nearly any stat you can think of since getting this car, I might as well share what it shows, now that I have a little ownership time into it. I record diesel prices, and RUG prices at each fill. Using this information and my tracked mileage, this graph directly shows...
  16. SkeeterMark

Brake Rotor scoring

Ok, my car is 9 months old, with 25k miles on it. I drive predominately freeway in my daily commute, and somewhat conservatively most of the time and am very mild on the brakes and avoid braking when possible. I very very rarely have to get on them hard. I noticed yesterday at the car wash, my...
  17. SkeeterMark

TDI in MN

SC TDI in MN Jetta, Heading north on I-35, 9-10-13 Biodiesel sticker in back window, South (or was it North....not sure) Carolina plates. Anyone from here making a road trip in/through MN?
  18. SkeeterMark

MK6 in dash phone mount

Just completed revision 1. Check it out here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=385019
  19. SkeeterMark

In Dash Phone mount for MKVI

Ok, so I finally got a new phone. I got the enormous Samsung Galaxy Note II, with the thought I could somehow mount this in my MK6 Jetta to use with the Torque Pro app, and utilize it as my navigation tool (premium, no nav model), as well as hold it somewhere nice for actual phone purposes...