Search results

1. M

Buddy massively over filled engine, lots of white smoke, where do I start diagnosing?

Put the plugs back in and make sure what's left in the radiator is as clean as you can get it. Put in a double dose of radiator cleaner. Make sure you have a friend that will answer the phone and go for a LONG high speed run. Run it up and down hills as much as possible. You must save this...
  2. M

Free: GA: Passat B4 wagon tail lights

I would love to have them. I had to trailer my wagon to jax recently and both sides are now busted having hit the ramps. I can pick them up on my next off day later this week.
  3. M

Figured out why I love diesels so much better than gas.....

You can buy the caravan with a diesel but not in the USA.
  4. M

Can I FS a Benz here?

Actually the thread title says "TDI cars for sale/wanted" so I would think it would be ok.
  5. M

Fuel Filter Replacement Time Frame

No, it wasn't. It gets old when someone paid a lot of highly trained engineers to determine replacement timeframes. Instead, why not ask someone you don't know about something they know nothing about. From oil to fuel quality to everything else ad infinitum. Certainly, I agree with some who note...
  6. M

Fuel Filter Replacement Time Frame

It's your car. Why trust the engineers that designed it and it's likely you won't believe anyone here that doesn't tell you to wait until 200k? Just put the filter in a plastic bag and put it in the trunk. Wait until it starts acting up and change it along the road in the dark and snow.
  7. M

New phishing scam?

You're unfamiliar with the Nigerian scams? They've been around a long time.
  8. M

New phishing scam?

Probably, ultimately, he would buy your car for an agreed amount. Perhaps $10k. He'll tell you to cash the cashiers check. He will want you to cash the $12k check and send him the difference so he can pay the shippers that will come and pick up the car and ship it to him. Of course, a week or...
  9. M

FS: 2003 Jetta GLS Wagon TDI / 5sp

Let me be the first to say....pics?
  10. M

1997 B4 Passat TDI Sedan Part Out

I'm looking for the drivers side trim piece that goes between the rear wheel well and the rest of the trim. Its a couple of inches square. Any chances?
  11. M

2003 jetta wagon gl, 5 speed.

https://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/d/2003-jetta-tdi-wagon/6726391615.html Commission?
  12. M

Small hole in turbo

More disturbing is that you went to the dealer for an oil change. They couldn't even get that right. Did you pay for the new inspection sticker?
  13. M

Asking price for '03 TDI Wagon 5 speed with 94,000 miles?

So, your cl ad has been removed. Is there a way to post a few pics and post a price?
  14. M

Need advice!

I haven't heard anyone recommend a low fuel level. I would fill it to the brim and add fuel additives to prevent that problem. Standard storage stuff applies. Mouse traps, a way to keep the battery charged even if at a friend's house. Look online. There's a lot of ideas out there. 8 mos in Ca...
  15. M

Asking price for '03 TDI Wagon 5 speed with 94,000 miles?

Are you referring to wvo or biodiesel? It's difficult to buy diesel without "up to" 5% bio from the pump these days. WVO would explain the pump failures.
  16. M

FS; 1Z & AHU professionally rebuilt FORSALE

How much are you asking?
  17. M

Viscon Fuel Additive

It may be difficult to believe but if it saves even half that amount it would probably be enough to buy a keyboard equipped with punctuation marks.
  18. M

Very effective headlight lens cleaner

It's been 4 or 5 days and all is still well. I intend to do it once or twice again and then wash and wax the lenses. I'll try not to get any on the paint but isn't every VW over two weeks old devoid of any remaining clearcoat anyway?