Search results

1. G

Fuel Gauge all over the place

So I've noticed recently my fuel gauge is acting bizarre. When I fill up it shows full, ok, run the first 100 miles or so, and it doesn't drop at all, still at full. Turn the car off turn it back on it'll show 7/8's then start driving and it goes back up to full. It does this drop then slowly...
  2. G

Mk4 strikes again

So in an effort to eradicate my 2 year struggle with loosing prime, I wanted to replace both the original fuel return lines and injectors. I know the injectors aren't my prime issue but I suspect the returns are, and since your there and I'm at 190k might as well get the injectors replaced...
  3. G

Regearing and your Odometer

I'm curious how a taller 5th gear and slightly taller tires effects our Odometer, and speedometer for that matter. I just went to the .717 5th gear and up a size in tires and I'm curious how this effects the odometer/trip.
  4. G

Fuel leak around Glowplug

I did some reading and such already but noticed yesterday right after start up in getting fuel bubbles (small) bubbling around the glow plug on cylinder 1( farthest left on passenger side. After a few minutes when some heat gets on the block the bubbles stop. I can't imagine that this is...
  5. G

Sometimes this car pisses me off

I like everyone else with a MK4 has certainly had their share of loosing prime on the IP. Mine had leaky seals so I went through and replaced the seals well over a year ago, problem solved. Did a fuel filter swap a month ago with my oil change and just the other day, wife goes to run errands...
  6. G

Post strut and spring replacement woes

So I did new vr6 springs and Billy struts front, along with new AArms fitted with TT bushings. All went well, got an alignment, had some minor clunking happening but went on Christmas Vaca. Come back drive about 100miles clunking getting worse, ok, throw it up on stands tonight and holy...
  7. G

Safe to drive without IQ being set?

Did IP reseal, car starts a little extra cranking (about 1 second extra), no smoke, seems to accelerate ok, idles fine. Am I safe to drive to the guru (about 30 miles) or do I just need to get it towed. Just want to make sure I don't damage the engine or anything driving without the IQ being...
  8. G

Vag Com in Orlando needed!

UPDATE: Leak fixed. After watching the video like 6 times reading about it, etc, etc I still managed to freaking scratch all the seam in the casting and not the body of the IQ adjuster. So about 2 hours of cursing and swearing and thinking Monday I was getting the car towed to the shop for a...
  9. G

stupid car

2 months with no empty fuel line problems. In Charleston SC for a few days, randomly this morning car won't start, suprise empty fuel lines. $80 later for a mity vac and done other tools later, now i get to prime the pump. Why the heck is it so random!
  10. G

Slow fuel system leak

I have a '02 Jetta TDI with 156K. I've had an intermittent fuel leak for the last year or so. Last year if it sat for more than a few days, would have to crack the injectors, mity vac and crank to get her started. We found a loose Vacuum line and suddenly no more problems..(could have been...
  11. G

Headlight wiring Replacements

So I'm in the process of doing a proper HID retrofit and picked up a pair of junkyard assemblies for the retro. The wiring that is in the assembly,between the main plug on the assembly and the two to the seperate bulbs (original headlight and turn/fog light) is SHOT. all of the insulation...