Search results

1. B

Fuel economy while towing

Can anyone address expected fuel economy while towing a 3500-4,500 lb camping trailer using a 2011 or 2012 Touraeg TDI? When towing with a gas engine, I know that the fuel economy drastically declines (at least that was the experience I had with a Ford Expedition and a Chevrolet Suburban). What...
  2. B

Wanted: Touareg TDI in cranberry red metallic

I have been looking for a Touareg V6 TDI in the cranberry red metallic color. Was ticked off that they no longer offer this color in the 2011s (why they had to offer 3-4 variations of gray but not one red is beyond me- :confused:). Ideally, would like to find one with navigation, air suspension...
  3. B

MkV / MkVI Bluetooth FAQ (Updated 12/30/2010)

I used the 0001732 soft code because my car is a Jetta Sportwagen and thus has the rear wiper and per the instructions given on the www.myturbodiesel.com website, if the car has a rear wiper (i.e. is a Sportwagen) the last # should be 2. I also thought that it would be correct because the...
  4. B

This sounds complicated and perhaps more than I can feel comfortable with. I don't have a VCDS myself and took the car over to a friend's who has one and he did the initial coding change for me (which didn't work). He's loaned me his VCDS cable and I have downloaded the software from ross-tech...
  5. B

Yes, I could use the car's built in microphone and speaker from the time I received it, but had to use my phone to initiate calls (no phone book on the display on the dash or the nav screen and, of course, no voice activation). So I thought my original module was an 9w2 (its part # is 1K8 035...
  6. B

Activation of the voice activation feature I just installed the latest 9w7 module (part # 5K0 035 730 B) in my 2010 Jetta Sportwagen with the RNS-510 navigation system and DSG transmission and have not been able to get the 'push to talk' button on the steering wheel to enable the voice...
  7. B

I just installed the latest 9w7 module (part # 5K0 035 730 B) in my 2010 Jetta Sportwagen with the RNS-510 navigation system and DSG transmission and have not been able to get the 'push to talk' button on the steering wheel to enable the voice activation feature so I can say a name and the call...
  8. B

Wanted: Cranberry Red Touareg TDI

I am looking for a loaded (navigation, air suspension, etc), well maintained late model year Touareg TDI in in the cranberry red metallic color (difficult to find, it appears). If that color was offered in the 2011 version, I would buy it in a heartbeat, but, alas, VW seems to offer the 2011 in...
  9. B

Timing Belts

2005.5 TDI with BRM engine code timing belt change interval I'm still confused as to whether the timing belt in my 2005.5 Jetta TDI with the BRM engine should be changed at 80K or 100K miles. Documents that came in my owner's manual says to check it at 80K and replace it at 100K and the vw.com...
  10. B

News on the next Tiguan

TDI Tiguan I too e-mailed VWoA 2 days ago about the availability of a TDI Tiguan and got a response yesterday. Much to my extreme disappointment and frustration (:( ), I was told that there were no plans to sell the TDI version in the U.S., only the 2.0 gas turbo. If the person who e-mailed me...
  11. B

Ready to buy 2006 Jetta TDI-is it reliable?

Reliability I bought my 2005.5 TDI with DSG 13 months ago, have 24400 miles on it, and have had zero problems so far. I hope my good fortune lasts!:)
  12. B

Bug reports - new forum software

Soooooo Slooooowwwww! I'm glad (:) ) Dangerous Dan is logging on to the site much faster but my access remains as slow as a turtle (both accesssing the site and moving around within the site)(:( ). It is the only web site where I'm experiencing slow times (I have a cable modem), so I have to...
  13. B

Oil change interval

OK, folks. Let's have a vote on whether you believe that you can safely go (or should go) the 10,000 miles between the synthetic 505.01 oil changes in your TDIs, as recommended by Volkswagen (after the initial oil changes at 5,000 then 10,000 miles). The dealer here thinks it's OK to do so...
  14. B

Silver tail lamps and OEM tail lamps for an MKV (new body style Jetta) for sale

Silver tail lamps and OEM tail lamps still for sale These are still for sale, guys and gals. Help me get them out of my garage- make me an offer!
  15. B

Silver tail lamps and OEM tail lamps for an MKV (new body style Jetta) for sale

I've now put on some LED tails and have for sale the factory-installed OEM tail lights (perfect for tinting, replacing a busted one, or whatever) as well as a set of the silver tail lights that are available from VW and Euromotive Tuning (you can see a picture of these on their web sites). The...
  16. B

Jetta TDI with DSG mileage

2005.5 Jetta TDI with DSG fuel economy I have a 2005.5 Jetta TDI with DSG and package 2. The car has about 13,000 miles on it (have had it since early July). I'm averaging about 33-34 mpg city driving (city of 260,000 population but without lots of stop and go traffic, except at times) and...
  17. B

Anyone Sportin' the Silver Tail Lamps?

Silver tail lamps I had put the silver tail lamps on my reflex silver TDI and liked them, but then changed to the Euro LEDs to get the rear fog light feature, so I'm now trying to sell my silver lamps.
  18. B

05.5 vs 06 MPG

MPG with 2005.5 TDI with package 2 and DSG I haven't gotten quite the mileage many others have been getting. Around town I get around 33-35 mpg and on the interstate I get about 41-42 mpg. I run the DSG in "D", not "Sport" mode because the Sport mode (with its higher rpms before the shift...
  19. B

Silver tail lamps for sale

Still for sale, just make an offer.