Search results

1. J

Headliner as a wear item?

I am not new to VW or the tdi world of VW, so im familiar with how their service sadly works (at least in my area). but, this kinda blew me away. I bought a 2013 Jetta Tdi CPO from a vw dealer about 3 hours away. Ive owned it for maybe a month. Each time i would look in the rear view mirror it...
  2. J

Air in fuel line after nozzles

I bought pp520 nozzles for my 02 alh manual. Installed them today. And it took awhile to first start it. Like there was massive air in the line. So I cracked the Injector lines and cranked it over. Tightened the lines and then cranked it for about 7-8 seconds before it started. It blew out tons...
  3. J

No longer hear vanes after timing belt

I just did a timing belt jon on my alh tdi. New everything. Bolts studs rollers water pump and of course belt. I just finished the injection pump timing and it’s where it should be now. When I drive. It drives fine. No hiccups or weird noises. I hear the turbo spool (straight pipe) but I no...
  4. J

pulsating noise while driving.

02 tdi. 5 speed. Just went through inspection about a month ago. While driving and turning right there is a feeling in the steering that does make a small amount of noise. Its hard to explain. I can feel it in the steering, and it feels like hitting very small bumps in the front left tire so it...
  5. J

ANOTHER low power thread

2002 Tdi alh, 280k miles. Replaced: fuel filter, oil and filter, air filter, cleaned ASV, egr delete being delivered and will clean intake at the same time. It feels like i have zero boost. When i floor it, it has the same power as part throttle. I can hear the turbo spool slightly. When i...
  6. J

moving to colorado.

If there is anyone on here who has a mk4 diesel and lives in colorado i have some questions about inspection and emissions. If you could please PM me
  7. J

Vnt17/ vnt 1722.

Looking for someone selling a used vnt17 or 172 .
  8. J

ISO ALH Performance Parts.

Looking for Performance parts for my ALH. I already have 11mm pump and 76 nozzles.
  9. J

WTB ALH Front Mount Piping

Wanting to purchase front mount piping for a mk4 alh. Im using stock intake manifold. I have the intercooler. Just need the pipes.
  10. J

ISO PD-130 intake

Looking for a pd130 intake manifold. pm or post.
  11. J

ISO VNT-17, upgraded side mount, upgrades piping. mk4 alh

Im looking for a vnt-17, upgraded sidemount, upgraded piping, 3 bar map. for a mk4 alh tdi. pm me with what you have
  12. J

convert analog EGT to digital

I have a new south performance 600-2200 degree EGT. Im wanting to make a digital display. Could i take a digital temp display that says it works with k type egt probes and make it work? Has anyone done this?
  13. J

The resurrection of my tdi.

I dont take many pictures of my car. But, i wanted to document the journey my car takes. History: I bought a 2002 Jetta TDI with 230k miles with an auto trans. I dont have pictures from this phase and i wish i did. I paid $400 for the car. It had been sitting for 3 years with the sunroof...
  14. J

alh fuel lines.

Has anyone made fuel lines for the engine bay of an alh before? What did you use and how did you make it? Did you take just normal tubing and route it, or are there places that sell hose thats flexed correctly and not kinked?. I know you can buy replacements, but theyre pretty expensive.
  15. J

broken injector hold down.

I was installing my new injector bodies and nozzles today in my alh and while tightening down the hold down on injector #4, the bolt snapped. How can i get this out and where could i get a new bolt. are they one time use bolts?
  16. J

FS/FT 2002 VW Mk4 Jetta TDI (ALH) Western Maryland

Looking to see what's out there for trades. I have a 2002 Jetta tdi. With currently 238k miles. . It is a daily so it will go up from there slowly. All this has been done in the past 6k miles: oil change (rotella t6, mann oil filter and fuel filter) Front and rear rotors and pads. New stage 2...
  17. J

Auto vs manual iq settings

I just finished my 5 speed swap in my 02 jetta (alh motor) 232k miles on it. Is there any difference in iq between the manual and the auto? I know the auto has different size nozzles and IP. Should I change any iq settings in vcds? I've already made the coding change from auto to...
  18. J

New strut suggestions

I need to get new struts and springs for my mk4 jetta. I dont want coilovers because i think their ride quality is terrible unless you spend $1k. I dont want to spend that much on coils. So i would like to kind a good strut and spring combo. I would like to lower the car approx 1.5" which i...
  19. J

Battery light

So, this has happened twice now. Randomly while driving my battery light will come on. For maybe 2 seconds then go out. Never to be seen again. Just got a new battery as my old one gave up the ghost in the cold. Would the alternator cause this. Car starts fine every morning so I wouldn't think...
  20. J

FS DMF with pressure plate and clutch

i have a used DMF, pressure plate and clutch for sale. Make offers. Located in western maryland. Will ship at buyers expense.