Search results

1. T

Maybe EGRs wouldn't clog if......

Excellent point oilhammer. GMC anyone?
  2. T

Mercedes E250 Bluetec

And wait until one of those avoidance systems break out of warranty...oh boy. I have a 2011 E350 bluetec with non of the newer safety features. The 60k service is 1365.00...can you imagine having to replace your forward looking radar for crash avoidance or cruise control?
  3. T

New Dieselgate settlement forum

Well, I am an ex tdi owner and now have a 2011 MB e350 bluetec. I wonder if the suit against mb will progress the same way?
  4. T

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

I am still enjoying my 2011 E350 bluetec though it ws in the shop Twice recently , oil pan gasked and now oil cooler seals. Thank god for extended warranty! I am averaging high 29 to 30 MPG. Car is comfortable and powerful. I just hope it ages gracefully as benz service is rediculously...
  5. T

Going to Mexico

Just wondering what is about the sport wagon that makes you feel more comfortable than being in an E350?
  6. T

Mercedes E250 Bluetec

The bluetec has been very reliable but like any machine, not without mechanical needs. I now have about 51000 miles on her. I have been through a few oxygen sensors up aND downstream, a Def injector leak and they replaced three engine mounts as I was getting a trany clunk at low speed when...
  7. T

Mercedes E250 Bluetec

Well, I hope my 2011 E350 Bluetec meets the required nox numbers. I love the car, the v6 diesel torque is awesome and the car is solid. I call it my mack truck. I don't love run flat tires, that is the only downside.
  8. T

25 years of TDI: The Bestseller for Efficiency

Race engines are rebuilt very frequently by competent mechanics. The one thing I wished for with my TDI cars were less dealer visits and less service comebacks. my ex MKV was a fun comfortable car that got great fuel economy and the DSG 6 speed trans was fantastic but....to many overall issues...
  9. T

Chevrolet Cruze Diesel sales

My Aunt bought a cruze gasser a few years ago. It had a dark blue exterior two tone gray black interior that was very nice. The car was a cheapo model but rode great and was very quiet. I actually was impressed. It was very quiet on the hwy with very little wind noise. Yet, reviews of the Cruze...
  10. T

Sputtering/stall after car sat for ~7days

My Benz diesel does the same thing and that his pretty regular. It takes 10-20 seconds to smooth out on a cold start.
  11. T

2015 Passat

VW is funny. For a few years, they will sell a model without the availability of extra bells and whistles. Then, a few years later, they will make more options/features available . I don't understand their thought process at all at least here in the USA. I really enjoyed my 05 MKV Jetta styling...
  12. T

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

Well, I went from both my 05 Passat and NBS jetta tdi's to an 11 MB e350 bluetec. Now with almost 30k on her, it is starting to regenerate even more frequently. She also seemed to bog down on hard acceleraration.new engine mgmtsoftware took care of the sluggishness. However,now the Car regens...
  13. T

Cheap Diesel: 2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Value Edition Costs $22,115

After my engine problem with my 05 Passat TDI and constant worrying about came wear issues with my 05 MKV TDI, I traded both. I really missed the jetta and wanted the fun driveability of a diesel so recently bought a CPO MB E350 bluetec v6. The car hauls butt, is comfortable and I average 30...
  14. T

Dear John: I need an efficient diesel sedan under $30,000

But....you can get a Chevy Cruze Diesel. Progress comes in baby steps.
  15. T

What's the best used diesel Mercedes to buy?

a relative recently traded his 2008 E320 CDI for a 2011 CPO E350 BLUETEC. ( he liked mine so he decided to upgrade). his E320 had about 50k on it and was in great shape. dealer gave him 17k. so, they probably would have sold it for 23-24k? look for csomething like that... no dpf needed, no run...
  16. T

NHTSA Update on CR HPFP failure investigation

UNFORTUNATELY AND SADLY... I SAY DITTO. my wife and I both had 05's she a Passat and me the NB Jetta. I had constant first model years issus with the Jetta and thank god for this forum because I always had to tell vw what was common knowledge here. wifes Passat 2.0 engine had issues in the...
  17. T

Back to diesel

LOL...Good catch on that Freudian slip! Guess it should have been TRAITOR....but in hindsite trader kind of fit. LOL again. Thanks for the compliments and well wishes. I had posted an introduction and a little about myself on Mercedes forum.com and got 194 views but not one welcome or response...
  18. T

Back to diesel

Hello everyone, I enjoyed the TDI club for many years during my ownership of a 2005 TDI Passat and NB Jetta MKV. We had some issues with my wifes Passat engine at about 49000 miles and after VW replaced it with a remanufactured engine, we decided to trade both vehicles. I went to gassers and...
  19. T

GTD in 2015?

The car looks sweet. I just hope that over the next year or two, VW can prove that these TDI engines can be built to last with quality mechanical components. Between the PD cam issues, trans issues and now the common rail fuel system problems, I am just scared of VW yet I love others things...
  20. T

Should I take the plunge? Long and boring first post

I also love diesel but am not a major do it yourself guy with maintenance. I did the oil/fuel filter changes on my past two TDI's. My 05 PD engines were ticking time bombs. One was replaced at 49000 miles with a refurb and they did nasty work at VW. Other folks were having traansmission issues...