Search results

1. N

Welcome Back Steve!

I too was thrilled to see posts from Turbo Steve!!! I know at work and stuff, we are all replaceable, just a worker unit, spousal unit, etc., but Turbo Steve, it is has NOT been the same around here without you. And by that I mean it isn't as 'good' here without you. Please continue to check in...
  2. N

Wish me luck!

Hi Wxman Brian: Glad all went well with your purchase and ride home. Just a word to you re the Lexan fog lamp covers: they take some work to install, as they are not a perfect fit. I've talked to several people about this, and they have all had to work those babies onto the fog lamps and while...
  3. N

Travels with Ringo

Ringo, do tell what digital camera you are using! I am turning over the future purchase of a digital camera [I want to post a photo of Wolfgang, my NB] but I am overwhelmed by the sheer numbers of choice in front of me. ------------------ 01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover...
  4. N

Wish me luck!

Good on ya, and remember: Techno Blue is the ONLY real color! ------------------ 01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover; black flaps; armrest cupholder insert; Lexan fog lamp covers. Pure Rice: Silver TDI emblem; yellow silk daisy in bud vase!
  5. N

Diesel Fuel Price Drops Considerably

$1.60 in Phoenix this weekend. I am adding Cetane Boost and Power Service, and I can hear my engine just fine and my mileage sucks. grumble grumble. it was a rotten week. I do LOVE my Wolfie still! ------------------ 01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover; black flaps; armrest...
  6. N

Photo of Ringo

That is a knockout beauty shot of your NB! My dad also has a silver NB and I'll have to tell him to pose it in Sedona with the red rocks as a backdrop, just great with the silver color. Please tell how your NB came to be called "ringo!" ------------------ 01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD...
  7. N

I nearly got killed and robbed tonight........

Good thinking, Howing, glad you are safe. I too made the decision not to stop in such instances, and also for fender bender type accidents. Around here they are just the prelude to a jacking or kidnap, you name it. I'd rather get in trouble for leaving the scene as opposed to...
  8. N

Zilym's New Beetle

Re: Zilym\'s New Beetle Oh no, those are really good photos, Ed. Thanks for showing the clear cover too. The roads out here are so bad, with all the construction workers/landscapers with no loads securely loaded and then landing on your car. I bet you will be glad you have it, keep your eye on...
  9. N

1st 100 miles on '01 NB in MN

Re: 1st 100 miles on \'01 NB in MN Ahhh, Heather you have a TDI in the only real 'correct' color; techno blau. I am curious, wherever have you found the perfect fit bra in techno blue? I must look into this! ------------------ 01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover; black flaps...
  10. N

Zilym's New Beetle

Re: Zilym\'s New Beetle Hi Ed: please refer to my response to your previous question in Der Altes thread. BTW, is that YOU in the photo? Did you not know that you are supposed to a 50 + yr old guy [well you've got the guy thing going on] with an annual income of over $100,000? I get a real...
  11. N

baby was just delivered

Hahahaha, Ed you are too funny! Bought Wolfie at Earnhardt's which is the definitive 'stealership' as far as I'm concerned. My dad bought his 01 NB TDI from Beaudry in Tucson and had a much better experience than I did. I hear that Chapman is the only place to get our babies serviced...
  12. N

Re: 1st 100 miles on \'01 NB in MN Ahhhh Doodlebug, you have come to the right shopping sensei! First check onto aiwana.com, they have all the items mentioned in my signature. The Lexan fog lamp covers: these are KEY as a broken fog lamp costs in the neighborhood of 3 C notes! Yikes! They...
  13. N

New Owner

Congrats, ringo! Please tell us how your road trip went when you are done. Happy VeeDubbing! ------------------ 01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover; black flaps; armrest cupholder insert; Lexan fog lamp covers. Pure Rice: Silver TDI emblem; yellow silk daisy in bud vase!
  14. N

Re: 1st 100 miles on \'01 NB in MN Welcome Doodledog! You're going to love this car. Happy torquing! ------------------ 01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover; black flaps; armrest cupholder insert; Lexan fog lamp covers. Pure Rice: Silver TDI emblem; yellow silk daisy in bud vase!
  15. N

VW Key Tag Unnecessary?

Hi Ed, and thank you for the specifics. I have been asking other TDI-ers in our area, and other VW people that to my husband's chagrin I chase down in parking lots----and Chapman seems to become the service spot of choice around here. Good luck with them, and I'll be trying them in about 1500...
  16. N

Any VW Sales People on the list ?

Hey Brandon, you must remember how THRILLED any one of us Freds people would have been to have had you, a TDI and VW nut, as our 'sales professional!' Versus the ignorami that we have pretty much had to live with to get the cars. One point in VWs favor right now is that the cars are SELLING...
  17. N

VW Key Tag Unnecessary?

The manual answered your question---and the stealership morons threw it away! I'd have an on-site hissy fit til they crawled through that dumpster or ordered me another tag. Please please please tell me which dealership did that, because I live in Chandler and am preparing to take my 01 NB in...
  18. N

My 2001 NB GLS TDI

Congrats on your cool ride, Wenga! Techno-Blau rocks! ------------------ 01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover; black flaps; armrest cupholder insert; Lexan fog lamp covers. Pure Rice: Silver TDI emblem; yellow silk daisy in bud vase!
  19. N

Projektzwo

Wow, Powerstroke, get ready for the "rice" hate mail this is gonna generate!!!! I say get whatever makes you happy when you look at your car. BTW, thanks for the info re your experience with the Lexan fog covers. They just don't fit. I thought maybe it was because I don't have the arm/hand...
  20. N

01 NB observations

No additives? Ok, now you're rubbing it in! ------------------ 01 NB GLS TDI Techno-Blau. 6-CD changer w/hard cover; black flaps; armrest cupholder insert; Lexan fog lamp covers. Pure Rice: Silver TDI emblem; yellow silk daisy in bud vase!