Search results

1. 2

CR140 Flapper Valve Performance...

You are correct with your theory. Also removing them completely allong with the bar will reveal the extra mpg and torque.
  2. 2

Post up a link to the tool
  3. 2

I did not remove or dismantle any of the fuel system if that helps
  4. 2

If you plug in the motor somewhere in the engine bay then it can't throw a code due to the motor still functioning, it can only sense pulse, and not pressure, so it can't tell you have removed the rod. I've done a few now for different people and not seen a mil light or any codes. You will be...
  5. 2

Very easy to do on the above photod manifold, a little more involved on the older aluminium one from 06 to 09
  6. 2

I dug out the before and after dyno prints today, when I get chance I will upload them
  7. 2

The space required to get a tap in is to small. I would imagine thread lock would survive (221). But couldn't be 100% I wouldn't worry,
  8. 2

SURELLY you could buy one from a breakers yard? They are on eBay uk all day for $80 I would not recommend plugging the centre voids unless you can 100% guarantee that you can get each hole sealed and flush with each inlet wall. And also guarantee that you can plug each hole without the item you...
  9. 2

I will agree with storx on the us tuning, with a country so vast you would expect more people pushing the limits. Tuning diesels has been very big in the uk for over 10 years now, I personally owned and built the only 220bhp ford mondeo st tdci 2.2 last year. I took it round silverstone...
  10. 2

Storx that's one of the little traits with these engines, basically as the flaps are opening and shutting at different times dependent on inlet pressure it will effect the way the car runs. Hence me putting in my first post that removing the flap system also removed all the nigly traits aswell
  11. 2

Storx, I didn't do a full photo how to while I was doing it though, but it wouldn't take much to do one, as the photos you have already seen are of the fanimold off the car, if there was enough interest I could put a bit of a how to together
  12. 2

TOTAL TIME roughly 5 hrs job done if your handy with tools, although that is with cleaning the inlet manifold out aswell.. all pm,s replied to
  13. 2

Apologies to those that are still awaiting pics and details, my Internet is down at home so can't access emails, Regarding mods to do this, I recommend doing this regardless of tune, I'm aware the manual states open or shut details of what exactly the flaps do. And to be honest I think it's...
  14. 2

Just unplugging it and leaving flaps in situ. Will cause the above probs due to the gasses getting drawn against the flaps. Removing the whole lot of junk completely is the only way forward
  15. 2

its not super secret, its just certain things can be done in the us, and some can not regarding emisions
  16. 2

no alex mine is an aluminium/cast manifold
  17. 2

Early ones are vacuum , late ones are electronic
  18. 2

All emails have been sent out
  19. 2

Apologies for not getting back to the several people PM, ing me their email address, as explained to the first 3 people I had to go away quickly to deal with a familly burial I will email you all the info over the weekend
  20. 2

1z remap/ tuner uk

MAsperformance in skipton