Search results

1. D

Cluster died while driving, car stays running, battery/alternator issue?

There we go changed the whole alternator and it solved the problem. Alternator shop told me it was probably bad ground in the contacts on the alternator it self
  2. D

Cluster died while driving, car stays running, battery/alternator issue?

I realize this is an old post but this might help someone out there, I’m having the same issue now on my 02 golf Tdi. I checked the fuse box on battery, all wiring from alternator, plug near starter cleaned battery posts, etc. Then I replaced only the voltage regulator with a new one, ended up...
  3. D

Egr bypass without remapping

Any one out there know how I can bypass the Egr in a 2000 vw golf tdi without programming the ecu? Tricking the ecu in thinking it’s on but not with a resistor or vacuum switch of some kind.
  4. D

Egr replace or bypass

Delete it no need for the egr valve anyhow.
  5. D

Let's talk about refridgerants: R-12a or R-134a?

I am in Canada this country is a pain for everything accept maybe healthcare. I need a license to legally get r134a
  6. D

I can get r12a easier, was thinking on low pressure at about 31 psi with r12a only. Will that work fine?
  7. D

700 Mile club Who's in?

Almost 750 miles
  8. D

I’ve read most of this thread, sounds to me R12a will work fine in our vws system specifically 2002 mk4s am I right? Better then the R134a? I am new to this R12a stuff.
  9. D

Milestone Achievement

Very good, I'm at 547000 km
  10. D

Start Blocked by immoblilzer

Well, that's good to know but it's to late for that now. I'll keep that in mind for the next time. Anyway to re-brand it back to none? Thanks for that good piece of info, I should have posted on the club for advise before calling insurance.
  11. D

Yes, just to make a pain a larger pain.
  12. D

This is true, but I can speak for up to 1998, I took back my mini van from the insurance company. It was the same idea, but they did not brand it at all, but today they have to by law brand it salvage. Back in '98 they didn't brand my van, I was able to take it back and repair it myself with...
  13. D

I'm near Cambridge Ontario. Will send PM
  14. D

When we got the car back from the insurance company, I guess by law know they must brand the car salvage. They basically wrote the car off, I got the car back with a sum of money. Now that I have the car back together and the regular safety and e-test done, that's not good enough. Since they...
  15. D

Thanks Wingnut for coming out to lend a hand, don't know why that code above has come up at the begining of this issue. Well I called the stealership and tried to get a pump head seal from them, but they don't know what seal that is. I looked on the dieselgreek site and they do have the viton...
  16. D

Can anyone reprogram or delete this immobilizer? I'm thinking I may have to give up the ghost and go to the stealership, anyone? Thanks again to all so far
  17. D

Would it be possible that the insurance company or MTO shut down the car remotely? It does have that GPS module in it. Has anyone heard of that happening?
  18. D

Feeler: Euro parts

What about a euro head light switch 02 golf? Am I to late?
  19. D

Wingnut I have tried the key in the on position for upto 30mins, did not work. I'm in Innerkip, I'll pm you. Thanks alot.
  20. D

Well, tried the above ideas and others from the related threads here, no go. Anymore ideas? Please and thank you