Search results

1. Jetta_Pilot

DEF usage on 2015 Passat

If I can I buy my DEF at a truckstop at a DEF pump in bulk. Bring your own clean container. Way cheaper than those prepackaged 2.5 gal containers.
  2. Jetta_Pilot

Just bought a 2013 Passat tdi

You may be right oilhammer, but then my former car was a 2002 Jetta TDI with the automatic tranny which was supposed to be the worst tranny ever. I never had a problem with it. I believe it also depends on the drivers driving habits or driving style. If you beat the crap out of a vehicle...
  3. Jetta_Pilot

Just bought a 2013 Passat tdi

A few things, you are posting in the "Ontario" forum ! Also a new engine at less than 100k ? These problems on this car would indicate some neglect on the previous owners part or abusive usage. !!! My car is a 2015 and I have none of those part failures at under 100k.
  4. Jetta_Pilot

Cold start 2015 TDI Passat

Thanks again, lots of good info in that amit9. I now know what I should be doing, I hope.
  5. Jetta_Pilot

TDI keyless Passat cold weather start

Thanks guys for the info, much appreciated.
  6. Jetta_Pilot

Thank you P2B and Johnny04. Appreciate the info and will follow your instructions.
  7. Jetta_Pilot

TDI keyless Passat cold weather start

I have a 2015 TDI Passat DSG automatic with KESSY key-less entry push button start. I have never had the car in freezing weather spending my winters in Mexico. Due to health issues I will be staying in the cold this winter and would like to know what procedures I need to follow to start when...
  8. Jetta_Pilot

The manual does not tell me much for the KESSY system, that's why I am hoping that someone can tell me. As I said I have never ever had my car in COLD weather ! Maybe I should have stated "Automatic transmission and KESSY" system. In other words NO ignition key ! This is what the manual says...
  9. Jetta_Pilot

I have never been in Ontario in the winter with my car and would like some information on starting my car in the cold. Due to health reasons I cannot travel anymore. My former 2002 Jetta TDI I turned the key and waited for the glow-plug light to go off and then started the engine. My Passat TDI...
  10. Jetta_Pilot

VCDS HEX-V2 with a tablet just as good as HEX-NET?

I use a HEX-V2 together with a cheap NETBOOK. It is ONLY for the VCDS and nothing else so is plenty fast enough. Absolutely no other programs other than WINDOWS on the Netbook.
  11. Jetta_Pilot

2012 JSW can I remove the muffler

As Oilhammer says. I did it to my then 2002 Jetta. All it did was to cause an annoying droning inside the cabin and especially for rear seat passengers. To eliminate that I ended up having a straight through (Hollywood) muffler installed.
  12. Jetta_Pilot

2015 Passat parasitic drain

I too have a 2015 Passat and have never found a fuse diagram anywhere and the dealer will not pass the info on. So my workarouind is this, a bit expensive though. Buy the Littlr fuse smart glo fuses and swap the old fuses out to these. If anything blows, the Little Fuse Glo fuses will glow...
  13. Jetta_Pilot

TDI sel

Do a VW P205c search on GOOGLE, too many to all list here!
  14. Jetta_Pilot

Diesel price...

East of Markham. WHERE????? Only one I know is near Deseronto.
  15. Jetta_Pilot

Which one of you is this?

Nuts !
  16. Jetta_Pilot

MK6 Golf TDI timing belt replacement recommendations in Ottawa area?

This may be a little late but check out OTTOSTADT in Gatineau https://ottostadtmotorwerks.com/
  17. Jetta_Pilot

Value of VCDS HEX CAN cable?

Not to burst your bubble, but to buy a used VCDS and register it in the new owners name can cost nearly what a brand new unit costs. So unless you find a dumb sucker who does not know that, you're lucky to sell it.
  18. Jetta_Pilot

How to correct speedometer for taller tires

VW for some reason, ostensibly to avoid speeding tickets, makes the speedometer read for example 60 Mph when you are really going less, up to 5% less at Kph or a different percentage at Mph, but your odometer will be correct. When you install larger tires, as I have also done, the speedometer...
  19. Jetta_Pilot

Any independent tuners around?

You really do NOT need anyone else to do this for you. Unless I am wrong I thought "Kerma" is gone? Malone will rent you the Flashzilla tool to download your OEM tune via the OBD II port, then you email the OEM tune to them. Within a very short time you will get your new tune emailed back to...
  20. Jetta_Pilot

Phone in car

You've got me wondering now. Maybe it is a setting that could be changed via VCDS?