Search results

1. M

DSG Tune Question

Ya I found a video in the wheel swap. I like the newer mk7 wheels but I’m so used to the controls of the MK6 platform with the screen. Just gotta find one from a 3.6 SEL or a golf TDI. I dint want the red stitching anymore. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. M

DSG Tune Question

i just picked up the same thing. 2012 SEL Premium with 40k about a week ago. I've already been looking into it as well. It depends on the dealer somewhat. The few dealers here in OKC are all certified and dealers of tuners out there. They will go to bat for you if you get it done but ultimately...
  3. M

Back up camera

Ya from the bits i'm finding between the b7 FB page, here and Vortex it appears teh 13's (maybe mid year) came standard with the camera and the RNS 510 unit wasnt changed at all from the previous 2 years. So in all reality i'd safely assume the RNS510 "has" the connection already to accept it...
  4. M

Back up camera

Without pulling the head unit, is it safe to say a 2012 with the RNS-510 should have the plug in? Looking todo this as all of my other VWs had a camera and it kinda sucks not having it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. M

Back to a TDI

Might need to look at the map updates. Does that include the firmware to take away the lag? Just got a 2012 SEL Premium with warranty on it. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. M

Satellite radio with lifetime subscription

Just ask for the manager when you call. Xm is really good about making you happy before they let you off the phone. Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
  7. M

If you are considering buyback which cars are you looking at as replacements?

We already got our replacement while the TDI sits idle in the garage till buyback. #soccerdadvan #hondaoddessy Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
  8. M

Hill-Hold feature; can I disable it?

I think it is different. I have a 12 TDI and it is stupid jerky off the line when letting the brakes go and not touching the pedal/touching the pedal. My 13.5 gli isn't near as rough. I hate the hill hold.....just don't have access to VAGCOM Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
  9. M

What's gonna go down on Tuesday?

This was sent to me from my wife this morning. Test we still have to wait till tomorrow for the official answer. http://bloom.bg/28ZfLkM Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
  10. M

Dieselgate update

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN0XH0ZV Hmmmmm interesting. Thoughts? Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk
  11. M

VW TDI goodwill package: Offers $500 Visa cards & $500 dealer credits to TDI owners

Signed up....got the call from the dealer today about their packet They were going to send me. It is kind of a slap in the face but I'll take it. I planned on driving mine into the ground...however it would be nice if they came up with a pay off option or something. 1k is a joke...but I'll...
  12. M

Received my APOLOGY letter today from VW x2

Oklahoma does not have inspection requirements anymore....I doubt we will "have" to do it. Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
  13. M

**EMISSION SERVICE ACTION 23O6-EMC Software***

I had it done earlier this year before researching it. I can say that the butt dyno feels nothing but I have noticed that my mpg have changed slightly from before over the past few months. I could break 190 to 200 for 1/4 a tank without being on a road trip and now I have to aim for 150...
  14. M

High Pressure Fuel Pump Warranty Extension

I too had them remove the fuel adapter. It took me over 20 mins to fill up because it kept shutting off like it was full every 5 seconds. May go back for the "just in case factor"
  15. M

High mileage CR - post it up!

Just cranked over 70k today in my 2012 but I've only had it since December of '12
  16. M

I need tires!

Rocking the new "replacement" of the continental dws from discount tire. They are the control contact sport as. Pretty good for stock and low road noise. I haven't sacrificed any mpg at all and with the thunderstorms and rain we have had all week here in Oklahoma.....stood up pretty well...
  17. M

Jetta bluetooth

I have an m8. Just make Bluetooth active and start scanning on your device after you have started your car. The TDI doesn't have the full mfd so you can't really manually search. If you voice command the car to pair device, it will say no device found and initiates the BT pairing on the car I...
  18. M

2014 SEL 16" tires

I kept the same siZE but I'm running continental control contact sport as. The supposed replacement for the DWS. Happy so far...handles way better than it used to....haven't put a legit tank on them yet but I can report back on them later. So far it's more real feeling in turns, more...
  19. M

2012 TDI Mileage Question

'12 DSG and I get on average(depending on my driving habit that tank) 35-39 mpg based Off gal in/Miles driven. Ice never seen over 41...that was a lucky tank. Tire pressures are good but it's hot here and I average 45-50 miles round trip per day. Still getting 500-530 to the tank by the time...
  20. M

Anyone regret not getting the JSW instead?

Only complaint that I didn't get the jsw would be the rear vents. It gets upwards of 110°+ here and my kid gets sweaty just sitting in the back. Even with dark tint to help.