Search results

1. CoggsWand

Ross Tech Micro-CAN cable

This item has been sold.
  2. CoggsWand

Ross Tech Micor-CAN

Thanks Jef, So if someone were to buy this they would have to buy a software license from Ross Tech. Not sure anyone will buy this. Is it locked to the vin of the car i used it on? Seriously, I don't want to accidentally sell someone something that they can't use, or is too much of a...
  3. CoggsWand

Ross Tech Micor-CAN

Thanks you very much!
  4. CoggsWand

Ross Tech Micor-CAN

Ross Tech Micro-CAN Is the Micro-CAN still relevant? I have one I just put up for sale over in the for sale section, but I'm concerned if Ross Tech still supports it, and it works with the current software as I have not used it with software newer than VCDS 14.10.1 Just making sure I"m...
  5. CoggsWand

Ross Tech Micro-CAN cable

I have the Ross Tech Micro-CAN cable which i've used to read codes and clear check engine and airbag lights on a 2012 TDI Passat I used to have, and a 2010 Jetta a friend had. I no longer have a VW so I do not need this cable. $150 shipped in the continental US. email preferred swartzy(at)cox.net
  6. CoggsWand

Strong coolant smell

Hello! On our 2013 Passat TDI manual I have been noticing a strong coolant/anti freeze smell while the car is hot, like right after my wife gets home. I have looked around under the hood and do not see leaks or wet spots. Do you guys know of any common issues I should check before I let the...
  7. CoggsWand

40K service checklist

What is the part number for the Mann oil filter for the 2013 Passat 2.0 TDI. I'm looking around and getting different numbers from different web sites. Thanks! (edit) is it this one...
  8. CoggsWand

Passat SUV? Looks like the 'Son of Hummer'

I Have seen them in person, the Amarok is a nice looking small truck, competition for the Toyota Tacoma, Nissan Frontier, etc, not really in the same class as a F-150. They are available in 4x4, and body on frame construction. So to call it a lifted passat is not accurate. No one sells a...
  9. CoggsWand

Times have changed....

Can you explain what you mean by "INDIRECT injection"
  10. CoggsWand

Code P2563, Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor Circuit

I took the car in today, dropped it off, took the loaner shopping. They called me a few hours later, said it was fixed. There was a poorly routed vacuum line that was kinked. They rerouted it and cleared the fault, took it for a test drive and now all it well. The car ran fine on the way...
  11. CoggsWand

Thanks guys. I'm going to get the software and cable in the future. Right now I am going to let the dealer sort it out. it is a new car, they are required to open a case with VW. I will keep a close eye on them.
  12. CoggsWand

Yep, I have pretty much already decided I will have to get the VCDS software. We will see what the dealer has to say before I start dropping coin on software. I will need it in the future though as I do all my own service work. Totally OT but it may interest some of you guys. Here is the...
  13. CoggsWand

Hello

ding ding ding we have a winner......:) Yep, that is by the copper mine in Bisbee, day two of ownership. Sierra Vista is a nice town but the desert is starting to get old. I miss green grass and trees, and the occasional snow storm. Something about putting up Christmas lights with shorts...
  14. CoggsWand

Hmmmm, Thanks for checking on the TSB. I made the guy at the dealer give me the printout of the codes, he said they were not supposed to but I didn't really take no for an answer. I'm going to scan the printout and post it, but my scanner is acting up and I decided to put that off till...
  15. CoggsWand

We have a new 2013 TDI Passat. It had 555 miles on it last week when I fueled it up for the first time, today it has 780. We took it to the dealer, about 80 miles away for the one month courtesy check or whatever it is called. After we left the check engine light came on, and the glow plug...
  16. CoggsWand

Hello

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I will start a new thread with the issue.
  17. CoggsWand

Hello

Hello, I'm new here. My wife and I just picked up a 2013 Passat TDI manual. We love the car but already are having some issues. I will expand on that in another thread, but wanted to introduce myself before I started with the questions. I been lurking here for a few months trying to learn...