Search results

1. B

Turbo outlet stud size

what size is the bolt/stud that is used there. Right now i have cap screws and want to swap it out for some studs.
  2. B

Turbo vacuum actuator

How far should the arm move on the actuator for the turbo. mine i guess moves a 1/4 of an inch if that much. should it be easy to move by hand?
  3. B

Need help identifying sensor with broken wires

I pulled the intake today to clean and found these wires broken. any idea what that is?
  4. B

Loss of power

After fixing all the problems with the car from sitting, i was driving it around to day and lost power. Not missing firing of the injectors or anything just like i had boost and now i have none. I can here the turbo still spooling up i just do not feel the power that is should have. the first...
  5. B

Miss firing....was running fine

The car has not run in 4 years due to a timing issue. I got it running a few weeks ago and has been running great. Took out this morning. It studdered then start miss firing on at least 2 cylinders. It smokes alot but smells like unburned diesel only. The car is a 2000 jetta with 177k the turbo...
  6. B

Clutch gone bad from sitting???

So if anyone has read my other post due to engine troubles the car did not drive in about 4 years. I finally got it running yesterday and now it seems the clutch is no good. The clutch has about 25k miles on it and worked well before it sat. The conditions are I put it in gear and shift it into...
  7. B

No Start condition - Timing reads constant 38 degree

Basics- 2000 Jetta TDI New IP Timing checked an double checked Immobilzer disabled fuel replaced and tank is full New ECU - the key cluster and ECU was tested to work in another car first thing is I need to know where the vagcom gets the information for the timing of the engine Second thing...
  8. B

No Start condition - Timing reads constant 38 degree

I have a no start condition and the timing reads 38 degrees, where does this information come from. I have checked with vag com timing to find this out. when i turn the key the graph does not move just the fuel temp.
  9. B

No Start condition

The car has been to the dealer and a few shops and still does not run. It started about 3 years ago when my brother replaced the IP. The car for about 100 miles then just would not restart. The things we do know: New IP Fuel at the injectors ECU getting power New Battery Strong Starter Power...
  10. B

Sirius Issues with engine need help

for the past 100,000 miles or so my brother has been running jet A in it with trans fluid as the lubercate. He read some where or some one told him that is fine. Last year about this time the fuel pump went and we got a new one. After not having luck getting it to work we brought it to the shop...
  11. B

Boost controlers and stock setup

how is the boost controlled on a stock car? I know vac goes to the VNT but what controls that vac so it runs at what ever boost. I thought it was one of the vac selinionds on the firewall. if that is true is there any way to control that to increase and decrease the preasure through electronics
  12. B

Tuning and Chipping a TDI

For my duramx i have a laptop tuner so i can mod the computer's settings. is there anything out there like this for the VW TDI cars. I know there are chips but i like to do things myself. I have seen the VAG-Com but it is not the same. this is what i use for my truck.... www.efilive.com
  13. B

how does this upgrade list look

i am starting to buy everything to install in the spring time. here is what i have some far on the list. I am not sure on the power i am trying to get out of it but i figure this is a good start POWERPLUS 764 VE Injection pump 11mm $849 turbo VNT-17 (upgrade turbo)...
  14. B

any good place to buy IC piping

I have a intercooler from my friends civic and it fits perfectly behind the stock bumper with no clearance issues. it is the same thickness of the stock on but just 4 times the width. I now need piping to hook it up. what is the best place to look for this.
  15. B

will the stock AEL injectors work

will the stock V6 AEL injectors work form the 150hp motor and give a HP boost? the part number is P/N for the injectors: 059 130 201 or P/N for the injectors: 046 130 201 F.
  16. B

swap that will help all VW owners

I have been a member here for a while. I run a website dedicated to motor swaps. i am looking for as much info about swapping TDI PD and any other VW diesel motors. if you have some info join up and post http://forums.motorswap.org/
  17. B

Injector pump rebuild/ Upgrade

I am getting a used 11mm pump and i want to rebuild it first. can i buy a kit or where can i send it to get new seals and everything into it. as anyone ever rebuilt one is it hard
  18. B

IC pipe off the turbo...

do you guys have some pictures of how it is routed using a after market pipe. I am going to put a FMIC on the car and going to pipe it myself. just trying to get an idea
  19. B

anyone running propane injection

just wondering if anyone runs this and if it helps
  20. B

what turbo is this GT1749VA

717858-7 038 145 703G it is a GT1749VA