Search results

1. A

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

Interesting thing happened at my buy back. It seems that RicePoint has gotten tougher about getting the alloy wheels back. I returned my Golf for buy back last week with my winter steel wheels on it. The agent asked about the original alloy wheels (I had given them to my son a while ago). The...
  2. A

Buyback Value dropped $1800 after accepted offer letter

I am also right on a km limit for the Canadian buy back. In my case it would make $1250 difference if I go over 86,000 km or if I return it before July 1. The only way to figure out the thresholds seems to be at Step 11 (& you can’t go back to step 11 once you pass it). As suggested you may...
  3. A

I have been driving my depreciation free Golf until now. Unfortunately the left front spring has just given out (it’s broken). It’s too expensive to fix so I have parked it in the driveway and will take the buy back. After playing around with the Vehicle Value numbers in step 11 of the claims...
  4. A

OK. I will leave you guys to your endless posts about your latest non-progress on your claim status.
  5. A

I am not sure if you are trying to be difficult. You are not going to get the buyback value from another dealer. What could have happened is that VW could have been compelled to offer a mechanism where TDI owners could do the buy back with trade in at other dealers who then return the car to...
  6. A

You mean $2500 that Canadian taxpayers are providing as incentive. How VW Canada got away with that is mind boggling.
  7. A

Appears to be a Fix for Gen 1 cars! Gen 2-3 are Software.

Ah, but in Canada it does. Cars bought after Sept 2015 do not qualify for a buyback, unless VW does not have an approved fix by some date in 2018 (June I think). If no fix by then you become eligible for the buy back.
  8. A

Lots of owners in US turned theirs in on steelies without issues. Don't think its going to be any different here.
  9. A

Do not spend a dime getting it fix nor a minute worrying about it. The FAQ quoted a few posts above explicitly allows you to return a vehicle with accidental damage. There is no penalty.
  10. A

I stopped at that step so I could play with this calculator. As far as I can tell the current mileage bands haven't changed since April 1 (or whenever they last changed). The mileage bands are dependent on what year your car is (maybe what model as well?). I did play with the turn-in date and...
  11. A

Actually its 2000 km from the time of your confirmation call from the claims admin until your buy back. That call is supposed to happen not more than 20 days before your scheduled appointment. If at turn-in you have gone over the 2000 km then you could be asked to come back again. There is a...
  12. A

Is there any market for a used aftermarket exhaust system? If not, why bother removing it...nobody's going to check it at your buy-back appointment.
  13. A

Buyback - Use Money to Buy Any Car?

I believe ine the US the FTC would not allow VW that advantage (having a sales tax credit only if traded in for another VW). What should have happened in the US and Canada is allowing a trade-in to occur at any dealer, after the appropriate inspection by the claims administrator of course...
  14. A

Buyback - Use Money to Buy Any Car?

In Canada we do have the option of trading our TDI in for a new VW and thereby getting the advantage of not paying sales tax on the trade-in value of the car. I am not quite sure how VW pulled this off. Having the sales tax credit is great for those that want another VW but VW is using a...
  15. A

Good luck with that. You missed your opportunity to opt out of the class. The way class actions work is if you're "in" you can't hire your own lawyer and sue separately. If you feel like you are not being treated fairly contact the class lawyer.
  16. A

Well of course, if he doesn't pursue it nothing will happen. That true of any situation were you are attempting to be redressed. And also of course, the agreement can be changed but not unilaterally by VW. Not without the agreement of the class lawyers and the judge. I think even our spineless...
  17. A

Wait a minute. You put "owe" in quotes. In Trumpish that doesn't really mean owe. :)
  18. A

I don't understand your point. You pay your premium to the Insurance company so that if your car is damaged in an accident they will cover you for the damage. In what way does the insurance company not owe him?
  19. A

Regardless its two separate issues. The insurance company owes him for the damage whether he fixes it or not. VW owes him for the car. Whether VW will discount for visible damage or not it has nothing to do with the insurance payout. Btw the agreement explicitly does not permit VW to...