Search results

1. S

B5 Passat parts for longitudinal engine conversions

Anyone looked into using parts from a B5 Passat for ALH swaps into longitudinal orientations? I was at the junkyard pulling a turbo and manifold from a BHW this weekend for an upcoming Toyota ALH swap. The B5 Passats have the engine mounted longitudinally already. So parts I'm thinking: -...
  2. S

1982 Rabbit Pickup swap ALH

1982 Rabbit Pickup mTDI ALH/02J Introduction: My current DD is a 1996 Passat TDI. I have really fallen for that little diesel engine. Over 300k miles and still knocks down 45 mpg averages. Been driving it for 3+ years, but it lacks personally. I got this idea from a co-worker about swapping an...
  3. S

What can be damaged from DMF failure

I was lucky enough to find an ALH/02J in a junkyard. To start I was planning a full engine rebuild. I just started tearing it down and found the dual mass flywheel had completely failed. I was not planning on a transmission rebuild. Maybe the engine is still in good shape and doesn't need a...
  4. S

Control Collar Sticking

So I recently had to replace the seals on my injection pump, b4 passat with a 1z. After buttoning everything back up, the car wouldn't start. I moved the quantity adjuster some from my mark. Got it to start, idled good and vcds showed good values for IQ. Then I touched the pedal and it reved up...