Search results

1. archemitis

1992 4runner ALH question

I have a 1992 4x4 4runner (that i've had since 98) and want to put an ALH stage with a stage 4 tune in it. I know at one time you had to swap to the 4 cylinders w56 transmission but it looks like there are a couple companies that are making adapters for the 3vze v6 5 speed transmission. Is there...
  2. archemitis

Power

Yall have not seen Roadkill have you. They ran a turbo from a Cummins 7.3 on a stock GM 4.3. I had a IHI from a 2.0 subaru on my 1.2 litre Harley. Im a big fan of junkyard discoveries, and waaay too big turbos! Go with the smallest displacement you can find. How bout like a big volvo? Or hell...
  3. archemitis

Hot rod ALH with stock exhaust

I know its not really that built up but, I have a 2000 Golf ALH with 1019 DLC inectors, VNT17 turbo, Rocket chip stage 3+ with 19.5 lbs. My exhaust is a 2.5 inch downpipe with no cat, from there back is stock. I like how quiet it is and it doesnt smoke too bad, but Im wondering two things...
  4. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

Thanks for that part number, I hope my new gas one works ok, but we'll see. I just got back from Texas and averaged 29 MPG for the trip 97 percent highway. Best tank was 32.5! That was all 70-85 mph. Obviously 85 is where my lower MPG came from. 80 is right at 2950 RPM. Mission 30+ MPG van...
  5. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

Cool, not sure why I thought that... Im pretty sure I got that part sorted now. My Eurovan battery was actually 500 CCA. There is no "diesel" or "high torque" options is there, just 5 speed and auto? Its charging at 14.4, New bosch starter for a 93 Eurovan 5 speed, and my ignition switch is...
  6. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

Heres a new concern... Will my starter turn the TDI in the dead of the Minnesota winter!? It Is getting to the high 20s/low 30s at night here and staying colder during the day and my Eurovan battery barely starts my ALH with the stock size battery. Im thinking the ALH is harder to turn over than...
  7. archemitis

BHW TDI with 02m->02d syncro->0a5 4motion swap into Eurovan

Lowering the front subframe is as an awesome idea! I lifted an early 80s Subaru that way. Works great for bigger tires, and keep all your geometry the same. Pretty sure you'll need to extend your steering shaft, and everything else would fit with a 1 inch! Maybe even a 2! WOW my mind is blown. I...
  8. archemitis

TDI 1Z to 93 Eurovan (budget build)

Whew. The question of "should I have a lift pump?" always floats around in my head. I put two big hose barb connectors on the ends of the feed and return to weight them down. I also put an inline fuel filter on the suction side so I can catch big stuff before it gets up to the main filter. I...
  9. archemitis

TDI 1Z to 93 Eurovan (budget build)

What are you doing to the fuel sender? I just got mine running and just bypassed the gas pump by letting two hoses dangle down to the bottom of the tank, still using the gas level sending unit. What did the ABL have? Ya got me nervous, I really dont wanna drop that big ole plastic tank again.
  10. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

Heres my 3 inch downpipe. Heres an ALH pickup compared to the Eurovan IDI 1.9. The ALH is the longer shallow one. Heres my new current pickup. And heres the lengthened dipstick tube. nothing fancy, a rubber hose on the outside, and a brass pipe as a guide on the inside.
  11. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

And, I removed my windage tray. A big part of it was to direct the return oil flow down the back of the block and keep it off the crank. At the new angle it wouldnt function the way it was designed, so I either dont need it, or I need it but am not going to run it. There was a guy that did an...
  12. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

Yes, AGR is the same except for the turbo and the valve guides. Its a standard ALH oil pan that also fits a 2000 2.0 gas vw , all steel oil pan. I tried a Hybrid steel/aluminum pan, and even after you cut alot of webbing off it ends up hitting the timing belt side cv shaft extension. The...
  13. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

OK, I hate to even admit it... My lines to the N75 were backwards, so it was basically running off of the stock wastegate pressure. NOW I GOT SOME POWER!
  14. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

I tightened the arm a bit, nothing. I unplugged the boost line, and got 20 psi instantly.
  15. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

LOL, thats the second time you said budget! Im sure you know that swaps almost never end up being on, or near budget! Like I say every time I do it, "Thats the last motor swap Im ever gonna do". Looking at some of the other van engine swaps going on right now my swap is most definitely budget...
  16. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

Oh, and .622 5th gear with 205/65 15 inch tires is 80MPH at 3k RPMs The jump from 4th to 5th isnt too bad, but I had the same kind of jump in my old 74 van, so Im used to it. 4th is a very usable gear 35 up to 60 lol.
  17. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

Thanks! I should just start messaging you directly with my questions. I have applied pressure with a small syringe and it moves shortly after I apply pressure. Ill take it off today and use my compressor and a boost gauge to test it better. I also made sure it had some preload. Maybe I don't...
  18. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

I do have a problem... I only get 10 lbs of boost. I am running a RC stage 3 tune made for a wastegate turbo. I am running the turbo and wastegate off of an IDI 1.9 eurovan motor. It is a Garret gt15. The same ecu and tune gave me around 17 lbs of boost in another car with a diffferent...
  19. archemitis

ALH in to a Eurovan T4

Im getting the cruise all wired in this week with the pedal switches. I will try to get a good pic of my timing belt side engine mount. I noticed I did something different. I used a short Gasser rubber mount in place of the taller diesel rubber puck mount. That made the center hole of the IDI...
  20. archemitis

Adding VSS to a Eurovan for ALH cruise?

oops, just reread what I wrote... wasnt trying to sound rude. Sorry about that. I was just super excited to learn something about a T4 on the interweb. The info is pretty sparse still.