Search results

1. B

Who Is Using A 12mm Merc Pump Or Head.

Mojogoes, doesn't hammermod reduce the amount of fuel you get throughout the whole rpm range? What I mean is that ofcourse it would be possible to get rid of shuddering (at least most of it) by hammering the IQ say to about 10. But then you would lose the power you gained by larger nozzles, pump...
  2. B

Mojogoes, it was a "standard" vw/audi 10mm pump with only the head changed. Camplate, springs everything else was from the old pump. Only thing I changed was the pin on the camplate. The problem was the same I have with the standard 10 mm head: shuddering when cruising along at constant speed or...
  3. B

Hatemi, are you still using the Iveco head? Does it work and how many kilometers have you driven with it? What kind of mods were needed? I tried the same kind of head on my car last summer. With the stock program there was no way to make it work so I had to go back to the original 10mm head.
  4. B

Could a foulty fuel temp sensor cause Shuddering ?

Currently using 1.3 bar (= 19 psi) pressure. I'm not sure how high I can go with this turbo but I've heard that some used 1.6 bar (23 psi). Of course it depends on many things. I might try higher if I could fit the bigger intercooler I purchased or maybe install an EGT or exhaust manifold...
  5. B

Hello! I'm not sure if I understood what you meant but if your engine is getting too much fuel then you have to increase IQ number (=decrease the amount of fuel per stroke). My chip gives less fuel between 1500...about 2000 rpm. It was custom made for my setup (race 520 injectors, Garrett gt...
  6. B

My setup is bit like yours and I also have shuddering. Mainly on 4th and 5th gear at around 2000...2200 rpm. No shuddering while accelarating. It only shudders when cruising along at a constant speed. Is this what your car was like?
  7. B

Chinese pump head&rotor

Ok, thanks for the info! I'm not going to install it, at least not yet. Maybe I'll use it as a sinker for fishing nets...
  8. B

Chinese pump head&rotor

Hi! Has anyone tried these pump heads: http://www.china-lutong.com/Productshow.asp?ID=258 I have an Iveco 4/12r type head and I'm not sure if I dare to try it. It will fit the vw pump with few modifications but still... If anyone has any info on this matter please share it. "It's not good...
  9. B

Changing pump head, any links?

I'm going to upgrade my pump head to 12mm. Does anyone have links to sites where I could find info about this swap?
  10. B

IQ setting with mods (poll)

OK, my situation is this: I have some shudder in 4th and 5th gear at constant speed and when decelarating. Maybe it's worst at about 2000rpm. If I slam the pedal down it goes away. If I brake it goes away. Currently I have 4,5 IQ. I think it was worse with a lower IQ ( 1,8 ). What to do next...
  11. B

Bigger wastegate turbos

Thank you for your reply! Can you specify the rpm range? When does it start to give boost? How high boost and what kind of other mods you have? I was planning on getting a gt20 or perhaps a custom built hybrid. Gt20 is with a 3-bolt flange isn't it? Anyone tried it? What does the underlined part...
  12. B

Bigger wastegate turbos

I was wondering what kind of updates you have done to your wastegate turbos. This forum is filled with info about the VNT-turbos and updating them, but i would like to know what kind of replacement you have used for the GT15 or the KKK03 if you are looking for let's say 150+ horsepower.
  13. B

How to trouble shoot flakey cruise control

I've been trying to set up a DIY cruise on a 1994 Audi 80 B4 tdi. I found the connector under dashboard. There are 5 wires. One is red/white, it has +12v when ignition is on. I used vag-com to figure out the others: If I connect red/blue to red/white (+12v) the Cruise control field in measuring...
  14. B

oil leak in front of engine, broken CCV tube, fix

Re: oil leak in front of engine, broken CCV tube, My car is now at the workshop, might be the same problem. Is this tube on the same side of the block as intake/exhaust manifolds?
  15. B

car wont start

My car is now at the dealership. They think the starter is faulty. Could this be the case eventough it won't start with a "hill start".
  16. B

car wont start

Can it be the battery, if it won't start even if it is helped with cables from another car? Or if won't start even if it towed by another car?
  17. B

car wont start

My car is Audi 80 1994 1,9 tdi (1z-engine). I found some fault codes: -01237 Fuel Shutoff Valve (n109) Open or Short to Ground -01117 Generator DF Signal Implausible-Intermittent I looked at the relays ( in the fuse box and under the dash ) and didn't find one that has numbers 109. Please...
  18. B

car wont start

My car did the same to me today. When I turn the key nothing happens. Perhaps a few relays click but nothing else, it doesn't even try to crank. Is there a relay or a fuse I should check? I've heard of the 109 relay, but my car doesn't have a one by that number, neither 601. What could it be...
  19. B

How to troubleshoot low power on an A3/B4 engine

Re: How to troubleshoot low power on an A3/B4 engi There's about 2...3mm thick deposit on the walls of the intake manifold. I haven't taken it out to clean it. I was able to check it out when I plugged the EGR. Clogging might be worse than it seems. Maybe I'll have to take it out and see...
  20. B

How to troubleshoot low power on an A3/B4 engine

Re: How to troubleshoot low power on an A3/B4 engi "3j... Also perform the "official" MAF test: in third gear, while monitoring MAF using VAG-COM, floor the accelerator at 2200 rpm. It should show >800 mg/stroke..." Here's what happens with my car: I slam the pedal down on third and 2200 rpm...