Search results

1. Sleet

2001 VW Golf TDI Partout

Also interested in the lower grill covers
  2. Sleet

(SOLD) Ross-Tech HEX+CAN USB VCDS Interface with Unlimited VINs $340

wish I had been that smart a few years back. Although in my case I'm not sure it would have helped. I bought an OEM roof rack for a mk4 golf, the guy plastic wrapped them together. and around the middle of the racks he wrapped a cut up brown back with my address written on it. He left the ends...
  3. Sleet

2001 VW Golf TDI Partout

I'm interested in the latch stuff for the rear hatch, solenoid etc (with a key so I can get the lock out of it and put mine in) Also a couple of the trim pieces that go along the roof (they're about a foot or so long and black) just past the rear doors If you pm me your email I can send you...
  4. Sleet

MK4 TDi with broken 5 speed shifting cable

No that math is bad. Based on your profile you already have an available A4. Not sure your location in MI but say Kalamzoo to SLC is around 1500 miles / 40 MPG = 37.5 gallons each way. Fill up at the truck stop 20 miles west of Larami, WY (I believe it's exit 370 or there about) and then again...
  5. Sleet

I'm interested in getting that VCDS cable from you. do you have paypal?

I'm interested in getting that VCDS cable from you. do you have paypal?
  6. Sleet

Pulled my Motor out, what to do??

Regarding putting it into a different car, have you giving any thought to how you'll be able to replace the timing belt in the future? While the car is attached to the transmission you have the timing belt mark that helps you get the crank lined up right. The mark is on the flywheel and...
  7. Sleet

MOGolf upgrades his springs

so I'm trying to figure out which springs i need to get. I looked at idparts.com put in a mk4 golf and they have a few different springs listed (15 different ones) after picking out the ones that say jetta and wagon I'm still left with 4 complete sets of springs and 2 different sets of rear...
  8. Sleet

1990 Toyota 22RE 4x4 Engine Swap

It's a 1982 toyota pickup. It's condition is rather unknown. I got it with a couple sidekicks - the guy was planning on making a super off road rig. He had bought the truck just for the front axle to put into a sidekick. He never touched the sidekick project and ~10 years later he let it all go...
  9. Sleet

1990 Toyota 22RE 4x4 Engine Swap

Luke, Was just curious how this project has been going (or turned out) I know it's been 9+ years but I have been thinking of doing a swap into a toyota pickup and was just curious how this one had been going.
  10. Sleet

Hola todos! Question about no longer having limp mode.

look up user @oldpoopie here. I wouldn't hesitate to get him to look at it - whether he's available though I don't know.
  11. Sleet

Well, Hillside doesn't import parts anymore. the 1J0 511 115 G isn't available anymore from Europe. MOGolf, What aftermarket springs did you end up using?
  12. Sleet

Do you know if it's still possible to get these springs from your first post? Front spring p/n 1H9 411 105 F (4 white, 1 blue dots) Rear spring p/n 1J0 511 115 G (3 silver, 1 green dots) I could call hillside and see but just thought I'd ask in case you knew if they were no longer available...
  13. Sleet

Anyone with VCDS in Utah?

When were you thinking of doing it? I should have my Vag-com cable somewhere... What part of SLC are you at?
  14. Sleet

Oil Pressure Light - Leaking Sensor

I believe that unconnected wire is for a MFA cluster and it's for an oil temp sensor which the tdi's didn't come with.
  15. Sleet

VW shop in south sound/seattle area??

drive it down to Portland and have Justin work on it. Totally worth it. We took 2 cars down to Aaron's GTG and I left mine with him for a clutch job. He said he couldn't get to it for a few days but he had it done later that week. I then took the bolt buss back down to pick it up. The total...
  16. Sleet

A3/B4 split intake hose substitute.

That's a great find! Has anyone here tried this hose? and if so how did it fir/work? Does it fit as good as the OEM part? I used a radiator hose about 6-10 years back (can't remember exactly when it blew out) but it finally has gotten to the point where I think it's leaking and causing my limp...
  17. Sleet

synchromesh safe for 02j?

I stopped by the local parts store and asked if they had pensoil synchromesh. They said no but they had the valvoline variety. I hadn't heard ofvalvoline making it but they had it and it claimed to meet VW specs or at least it has 2 VW/Audi part numbers on the back...
  18. IMG_20160808_160605

IMG_20160808_160605

19. Lubricants

Lubricants

20. IMG_20160808_160600

IMG_20160808_160600