Search results

1. Z

FS: brand new, OEM VW single-din radio/cd-player, non-monsoon $130 shipped

Any chance one of these still exists? If not, a part #?
  2. Z

Post your TDI sightings here!!

No... you have to shell out the $20 bucks for the official badge... just painting it only give you 10hp.
  3. Z

VW Lupo prototypes spotted

Lets see the Polo, then MAYBE I'll hold my breath a little...
  4. Z

BRM engine t-belt help

Bentley does....
  5. Z

A possible low cost life extender for PD cam bearings

No fussing. Sorry about the fussing. Peace. My intention wasn't to incite, chastise or scold, and forgive me if that is how I came across. Chalk it up to a bad day. A few points I'd like to clarify: - Everything about our engine occurs in those injectors, namely the throttle control...
  6. Z

- The reliability of industrial accumulators, solenoids, hose assemblies, etc. is vastly superior to that of even our glorious BRM's. Ask the Apollo 11 guys. The hardware we speak of is neither fragile nor temperamental. That said, it can be rather spendy (I'm still trying to rationalize the...
  7. Z

Unexpected Christmas Present

Hey Tom, since your asking for a little bit of advice (not necessarily mine), I'd take a quick trip up to Bertolet in Orwigsburg (right up 61) and ask them who does their bodywork. The nicest dealership you'll ever meet. AFAIK, they don't do anything in-house, so they ought to be able to...
  8. Z

I certainly agree that in lieu of a conscientious coworker, some form of "official" documentation is a priority. Given our friend's situation, the point would be moot. I too, have a crazy parking lot story, with the insistence that the police be called. Only not on my part. Without going into...
  9. Z

No one was hurt, both vehicles drivable, occurred off public right-of-way. Not a police matter... Those nutty lithuanians...
  10. Z

The injectors operate at over 25k psi. Might VW have sized the return springs appropriately? The accumulator idea is the best. With ignition controlled solenoid.
  11. Z

Strange idling...

Any cold weather? Sounds like a little load on the ol' electrical system. I've had mine idle high...its been for a high electrical load. VAG com wouldn't hurt, clear your fears of anything bad. DPF..regen? What are these awful things?
  12. Z

A moral dilemma

The epistemologial approach would be to leave the car alone, as you have no absolute proof of who did what to your car... Utilitarianists would leave the car alone as well, as is causes more suffering than good to retribute... Intellectualists would leave a note... Contractarians would...
  13. Z

DDM Tuning retrofit HID lights

Putting HID (arc) bulbs in a reflector / housing designed for filament bulbs is a bad idea.... http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html
  14. Z

Please Help: Rear Brake Caliper Carrier Bolt Question

1) What Maloosheck said, and 2) Yes, you do. The tool is readily available, and (relative to having someone do the brakes) cheap. You will find that the bolts are just a blast to remove.
  15. Z

Where to install oil pressure sending unit?

Hey, Frank, is this a CBEA only, or do the BRM's have this, as well...
  16. Z

Ready to join the (TDT) mafia

105kmi, and good lifters.... Running TDT right now, first non-505.01 oil. Have had real good luck with Mobil 1 in other vehicles, hoping for more of the same. ZDDP sounds good, but i am socially conscious, and think I'll give my converter a break...
  17. Z

What is this and how do I repair it?

Hot air duct from exhaust manifold to air cleaner box Probably not a biggie as is, won't affect the performance, though if you are concerned, a spot of decent duct tape, or just get a new one...
  18. Z

Anyone care to rent their BRM TB tools?

Bought the tools, thanks.
  19. Z

Anyone care to rent their BRM TB tools?

Anyone care to rent their BRM TB tools in NE PA? Never mind, succumbed and purchased them...
  20. Z

"I spy, with my little eye..." v. "Goodies @ the Dub House"

Hmm, Mazda 5, eat your heart out!