Search results

1. danix

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

Not an expert on the 328d but I believe they are very solid and likely more reliable than the 335d/535d. Not aware of a diesel BMW forum but there is a facebook group that is pretty helpful - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1887738328130700.
  2. danix

2012 Volkswagen Touareg TDI Executive

Watching. I'll see if the wife is interested, need to replace our Q7.
  3. danix

Bye California, it's been nice.

Asheville is nice, I hear, and we looked at it originally. There are very few jobs out there and real estate prices are close to Bay Area prices it seems. Raleigh has reasonable (for me) real estate and a tech scene if I ever need to look for work. I'll definitely visit/vacation in Asheville...
  4. danix

Yep, may even be looking for a TDI at some point.
  5. danix

Everywhere has its pros and cons. For a lot of reasons, it was time to get out of CA.
  6. danix

Raleigh NC.
  7. danix

Let me know if your TDI is still for sale, I'm moving to Raleigh and my daughter may need a car.

Let me know if your TDI is still for sale, I'm moving to Raleigh and my daughter may need a car.
  8. danix

Newbie needs help setting price to sell 2015 Jetta

Year, make and model, and options are important. You should be able to look up your VIN on vw.com and get that info if you don't know it.
  9. danix

Triad (NC) area meetups??

Get something going, I'm moving to Raleigh y'all :)
  10. danix

Hope you are liking OR Matt. I'm getting out of CA myself, seems like everyone is these days.
  11. danix

Good East Bay TDI Mechanics?

Unfortunately there's no one around here i know of that specializes in TDIs.
  12. danix

Wanted 96-03 tdi manual cheap

There's a clean 2.5 Beetle, stick, near me that hasn't sold in months. I'd guess $2500 would take it.
  13. danix

1985 BMW 524td for sale

Thanks Baumeister. Yes, the center vent is present and functional. Definitely a great road trip car, it purrs along nicely at 80mph all day long.
  14. danix

1985 BMW 524td for sale

Ha, thanks. It's a rare beast. Not perfect, but pretty darn nice.
  15. danix

1985 BMW 524td for sale

Thanks, price fixed and added more details.
  16. danix

1985 BMW 524td for sale

Planning on selling one of my cars, this might be the one. 54k miles, PM me for more details. No longer for sale at this time. Here's A LOT more detail... 1985 BMW 524td VIN: WBADB2403F0532060 CA Plate “E28 DSL” 05/1985 build date M21 motor E28 chassis Cosmos Blue paint code 185...
  17. danix

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

The running bits are standard e28, so very easy to find. The M21-diesel-specific bits can be hard to find. Some things like coolant hoses are NLA. I had to get injector nozzles from Germany, etc.
  18. danix

B4V - Oakland, on eBay

Not mine, no affiliation. Was featured on a few blogs, auction ran but didn't hit reserve. Now listed at $3900 obo. Needs some help but has a lot of potential. https://www.ebay.com/i/183700754686?ul_noapp=true
  19. danix

Matt Phelan/Matt-98AHU now wrenching in San Anselmo

LOL. If he is, hope he's on a raft with a beer in each hand.