Search results

1. Jayg

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

It's true. My wife's Prius C gets 58 mpg combined since new. Toyota lied to us.
  2. Jayg

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

All these people who are saying people are overreacting because of a little more pollution just don't get it. The owners are pissed because this is one more thing to INCONVIENCE the owner not because of Nox emissions. Hpfp, dpf, egr, ic icing..... And now head back to the dealer for this ****.
  3. Jayg

With all the problems I had with my POS CR 2012 Jetta that was bought back, I'm so glad to know I don't have that thing anymore. Being at the VW dealer for everything under the sun. egr, dpf , leaks etc all before 20k miles. Glad to know I made the right call not sticking with it. The way to...
  4. Jayg

Hard Start / No Start - Is your intercooler frozen? Check Here!

My car ran terrible after the kit. It had boost leaks and would throw a CEL only sporadically. They finally sorted it out by replacing O rings in the charge pipes.
  5. Jayg

My '12 sedan Lemon Law buyback experience

Just for the sake of clarity, mine was directly through VWoA through Lemon Law.
  6. Jayg

This was not bought back by a dealer. This was from VW corporate just did the transaction at the dealer. They mentioned the car will likely get auctioned cheap. I think they have to disclose it was a lemon buyback.
  7. Jayg

No I went through VW corporate and sent paper through the Governors office address for state of GA. All the paperwork was handled by VW corporate and they fedexed some papers and a check to the dealership. The service manager looked it over, i turned in both keys, signed the papers and he gave...
  8. Jayg

MK6 Jetta Mileage/Boasting Thread

2011: (9 cars) 170,550 MI 02/06/14 Dozenspeed Version: 6MT PRM-nav Owner: 1 TB: 2 DPF: 1 HPFP: 1 IC: 1 Note: oil ash load 159ml @ 170,218 MI -original brakes! 114,000 MI 01/26/14 rtking Version: DSG PRM-nav Owner: 1 TB: 1 DPF: 1 HPFP: 1 IC: 1 Note: Malone DSG tune. 75,600 MI 01/30/14 Sydneycb...
  9. Jayg

A5 3.0 Tdi remapped, rear diff vibration over high torque

This sounds like a rear differential mount in my experience.
  10. Jayg

Nalley VW in Roswell Ga. Act now!
  11. Jayg

In 14 months of ownership since new, my Jetta was in the shop over 50 days. First was an electrical short under the dash at day 1 causing the cigarette lighters not to work. Dash removed and repaired. Then a water leak getting in the trunk. This took over 6 visits and 5 months to resolve with...
  12. Jayg

JSW to GSW: 2015 SportWagen will be a Golf

Honestly, I think most Americans don't care. It's ignorant of VW to name it that way when previous models were named on a pattern that made sense.
  13. Jayg

I just got an email back from the service department where my car has been for weeks. It hasn't run right after the IC kit was installed. (Check engine lights, hiccups) The codes are 20D8 exhaust after treatment fuel supply performance and 2413 egr system performance mechanical malfunction...
  14. Jayg

Anybody else besides me having multiple issues AFTER the IC kit installation? Multiple egr codes and check engine lights. The dealer went to far as to replacing my DPF. Just throwing parts at it really but I get lots of hiccups and hesitation now. It's never run right since I got the kit put on...
  15. Jayg

Mk6 Jetta: Hard Start / No Start - Intercooler icing discussion in here!

It was essentially a boost leak code from when I asked last week. It had something to do with the chargecooler so I assumed it was a missing gasket as some have reported on here. So you can imagine to my surpise with I get "The DPF is getting replaced." Even when I brought it in the day...
  16. Jayg

Got an email from VW stating they were replacing my DPF. Either they are completely retarded or my particulate filter broke at the same time as the IC freezing issue. It's been in the shop for a week now and will be for maybe another week. Almost 40 days total since Oct 2012. Either way, Lemon...
  17. Jayg

Got the intercooler kit installed about a week ago. Since getting it back I have experienced extremely rough regens (think about to rip out the motor mounts stall) every 25 miles or so, hiccups while at part throttle,horrendous fuel economy, but yet no check engine light. I went to the dealer...
  18. Jayg

^Yep. The level or timing of the EGR seems to be the culprit. Are there software tunes for the CR cars that modify the egr without removing the physical hardware?
  19. Jayg

Really rough regen this morning. I'll take it in tomorrow morning and see whats up. I would imagine there has to be some sort of software update with this. If not, I'm wondering if even a Malone stage 1 tune would get around it. It's getting really frustrating with the low throttle surging and...