Search results

1. G

Kerma TDI economy kit

Thank you for the input. I miss my 99 Golf TDI. But that car was a giant problem child because some kid before me tried to race car it. I want a little old guy owned car so I can drive it like a little old guy. Thanks!!!!
  2. G

Kerma TDI economy kit

Hello! So I found a local to me. Absolutely pristine Jetta TDI. 2003 ALH 5 speed. 165k miles. Garage kept one owner old guy car. 100% intact. All engine covers, seat covers floor mats, everything is intact as new. No northern rust! I'm 99% sold on it. With the upcoming 2-4...
  3. G

window regulator help!

Hello! My kids decided to destroy my window regulator. Window was frozen and they tried to crank it and kaboom. (manual windows). upon tearing into it, i have discovered that the regulator was rather easy to get in and out, but, the white plastic cog wheel/ gear that goes between the...
  4. G

restoring to stock help!!!

I need, basically from the turbo, to the intake manifold.... and none of the parts i have are absolute junk.... looks like they took parts off a junkyard honda.
  5. G

restoring to stock help!!!

Hello! I have a 99.5 2 door Golf ALH 5 speed. It has been completely molested by some idiot trying to build race car. Its got a Massive FMIC, 3" intake piping, 3" exhaust piping bent into intake pipes, huge hose clamps everywhere... and even the exhaust is terrible... its got 2" exhaust that...
  6. G

Oil leak help, oil filter housing or cooler

Well, the nut wasn’t super lose, but I was able to snug it just slightly and it no longer flops and not leaking. Thanks!!!!
  7. G

Thank you sir! I’ll snug it up and go from there
  8. G

Mine is not “puking, but I lost a half a quart or more in a 5 minute drive.
  9. G

Help! I have oil leaking, pretty severely from the silver square portion of the oil filter/cooler housing at the bottom. There is a squarish silver piece that has two coolant lines going into it, that’s rotating back and forth and best I can tell that’s where my leak is coming from...
  10. G

Help near pittsburgh

Looking for someone with a VAGcom and an hour or so of time I can purchase from you to help me go through my 99.5 golf. I have a few issues (deceleration shudder) and such that someone with the computer and much more knowledgeable could maybe help. I don’t see a Geru listed near me. Anyone????
  11. G

99.5 VAG question

Can i make adjustments to IQ using a VAG on a 99.5? I thought i read somewhere you can't port flash or whatnot on the 99.5, and you have to chip it...
  12. G

Glow plugs....

Hello! I haven't posted in a while, as my car has been running fantastic! I wanted to post this morning, as I am running into a small (maybe non) issue with my 99.5 ALH Golf TDI 5 speed. When i bought the car the glow plug harness was all busted up and i had glow plug codes. I put 4 new...
  13. G

Well.... Popped ANOTHER turbo....

actually, the turbo that blew was an aftermarket turbo... Rotomaster, or Rotomax, whatever autozone sold me. Came with a lifetime warranty so... they gave me a new one! Now that i think about it... The EGR is disconnected, and the vacuum line to it is blocked off..... i would figure this...
  14. G

Well.... Popped ANOTHER turbo....

Well, two days ago, my daughter and I were out getting some ice cream, and cruising at 35 mph in 3rd gear. Their was a slight incline, and as i eased into the throttle to head up the incline, I heard the turbo whistle get significantly louder, and then silent... i looked down at my boost gauge...
  15. G

Reflection....

So... my 99.5 Golf TDI was hovering around the 500 mile mark on this tank.... and i got to thinking... boy i should probably stop and get fuel sooner or later... and then i started thinking... "when was the last time I got fuel????"... hmm... can't remember.... Then at the pump, some clown is...
  16. G

"Proper" boost levels...

i'm seeing about 6-10 psi at crusie speeds. its definately boosting harder than it should stock, from the youtube videos. probably the tune. I'm going to contact malone and see what he can do for me.
  17. G

new owner: low power, blue/black smoke under hood, trouble revving, loud noise

you sir have a likely bad turbo. stop running it immediatly! do not fire it up, as you can get a runaway. I replaced the turbo myself, which was not overly difficult, but i'm a certified mechanic. took me about 4 hours out and then in. When you install the new turbo, prime the oil inlet...
  18. G

"Proper" boost levels...

I just ordered one on eBay. Working perfectly however! Instead of the 30+ Psi spikes, now it's holding rigjt where it needs to.
  19. G

"Proper" boost levels...

Ok, So after getting my overboosting issue figured out, (Thank you Nevada_TDI!!!!) and installing a manual Boost Control Valve, i'm curious as to how much boost should I be running? I have the max boost set to about 17 psi, spiking to about 20. per my boost gauge installed (which seems to...
  20. G

boost gauge....

Mr. Nevada_TDI, THANK YOU!!!! So the BCV showed up today. after a run to advanced auto, for Vacuum T conectors, and vacuum line, and then a trip to Fastenall for a 1/4NPT Nipple, breaking out the drill bits and Snapon Tap and Die set... I drilled a hole in the intake pipe about 6" away from...