Search results

1. P

Rear discs (rotors) - is this normal ??

After thinking for some time about it, I finally took a picture and decided to ask. On my rear discs, there is what seems to be a lot of disc not used for breaking. I looked on other cars and noticed that they usually use the whole disc, my neighbours Audi A3 1.6, too (and I think they have...
  2. P

Experience with Michelin Pilot Sports

I bought new 205/55 ZR 16 Michelin Pilot Sports 5 days ago. They were about $115 each. After these 5 days this is how they look: I've done maybe 3 laps at the local gokart track, and the rest is maybe 100 miles of (a bit harder) city driving. These tires don't wear, they desintegrate...
  3. P

Bad MAF? Or?

I recently did a VAG-COM log on MAF only to find out that the actual value is somewhat lower than it should be. On 3000 rpm, specified is 850, manual says actual should be over 800, and mine is 690-705, but the MAF can read higher, on lower RPMs it reaches a bit over 800 mg/R. I decided to try...
  4. P

Michelin Pilot Sports

Does anyone have them (16" or 17"), and how do they compare to other tires in your opinion. The dimension I'm interested in is 205/55/16.
  5. P

WANTED: ASR Mk20 pump+controller

Like the topic says, Mk20 ASR pump with controller for A4 Golf. MY99 preferably, other MYs should be OK, too. hrvoje.maracic@zg.hinet.hr [ January 14, 2003, 04:43: Message edited by: PTC ]
  6. P

Warranty Issues

Well, after coming back from the dealer today I think I should share this with you. I thought that bad dealers are only US' privilege (well this one does good work, but for some things...). I went to them because I needed to replace both of my stalks and ELSA says that you should coat the...
  7. P

Need help - noise from RR wheel

I noticed today that when making right turns there is some sqeaking noise coming from it seems the rear right wheel. This only happens when makeing right turns. When going straight or turning left, everything is OK. What could this be? Thanks!
  8. P

Need help - ECU changes MY99->MY00

I would be thankful for all the info I could get about ECU changes from MY99 to MY00. I know that the some more modules have been connected to the CAN-bus, but I'm looking for info like if they switched to some other version of CAN-BUS protocols or if they had to do some software mods to connect...
  9. P

Need help! - removing instrument cluster

I tried (and I do mean TRIED) pulling that piece of plastic under the instrument cluster but it won't move (it's a miracle it didn't break yet). I've heard that you only need to pull it horizontally to yourself, but there must be some clips that can be unclipped because I tried pulling REAL hard...
  10. P

Does Euro.TDI's clog the intake too?

Re: Does Euro.TDI\'s clog the intake too? Seeing you come from Denmark, I believe you have nothing to wory about. Intake clogging is dependant on fuel quality. Here in Croatia, until about 2 years ago, we had only 500 ppm diesel available, like in the States, so it was an issue, until we got...
  11. P

Oil change intervals

Since USA has fuel with higher fuel sulfur levels just wanted to pass to you what the VW service manual says: "In countries with elevated sulphur content in diesel fuel oil must be changed every 7,500 km" That would be around 4,700 miles. This is regardless of fuel type and quality used...
  12. P

Changing into reverse

Sometimes when changing into reverse, the tranny makes a little grind, like the clutch isn't pressed, but it is pressed full way. Sometimes the cars just like makes one shiver, and sometimes it changes flawlessly. What's up with that?? Thanks P.S. Sometimes it even won't enter 1st gear. Then...
  13. P

Problem with hot starting & smoke

This isn't really a TDI problem. The engine in question is Opel (Isuzu?) 1.7 TD in Opel Astra. Recently, it developed a problem. It seems to be connected to hot starting. The engine turns very slowly, and needs a little longer to catch, but the voltage on the battery doesn't drop below 10 V...
  14. P

Engine start-up speed

I need info from people who have (or have seen/heard) both MY99 (or maybe even MY00) and MY 02/01 TDIs start. I have a MY99 90hp eu TDI, and while I drove a friends MY01 Skoda Octavia TDI, I noticed it started noticably quicker. Mine need a couple of turns and you can hear it starting. His Skoda...
  15. P

Squeeking front brake

I noticed few days ago that my brake (I think it's only the front right) is squeeking. I don't remember hearing that before. From what I concluded it only does so when braking VERY lightly, like a little bit more than to engage the braking lights. When I then press it a little harder it seems...
  16. P

Need help with reading wiring diagrams

There are a few things I haven't yet figured out on wiring diagrams so if anyone could help me, I would be most grateful. This is an example file: http://pics.tdiclub.com/members/eugolf4/diags/example.pdf I would like to know what does that portion on the gray shading mean, what do the black...
  17. P

A/C water discharge

Could somebody please post a pic of the place under the car where should condensed water from A/C be coming out? Thanks very much! [ March 17, 2002, 10:55: Message edited by: PTC ]
  18. P

Injector sizes

After just finishing reading some things about timing & some previously done thinking I have just 1 question: Let's say I'd like to get 120-125 hp (is this realistic for AGR, non-vnt A4 90hp TDI?) with chip & injectors, but with no smoke or with the least possible smoke output. What injectors...
  19. P

Using Adaptation to alter the idle speed

I tried today to change my idling speed using login with "secret code" and then changing channel 2. But the range was definitely not 500 units nor below nor above the default. It was much less (can't remember exactly now). Could someone please try it and tell me is it normal for that group or do...
  20. P

pics of PD TDI150 intercooler please

I would really appreciate it if someone with PD TDI 150 could take pictures of his intercooler, pipe routing (without engine cover) and the way it is secured to the radiator/condenser, and post them. Thanks!